DSC_01065.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) Mk2 5 Door 1.2 Punto

Introduction

Hi people

I go the car back in August for £1000 full service history with 62,000 miles not a single scratch on it, used to be a ex company car. Since I have changed the front bumper to a colour coded sporting one as it is the very basic 1.2 version and I hate the grey ones. Have also changed out the old stereo to a more up to date one with mp3, usb and stuff. Have also added two 10cm rear speakers on either side of the parcel shelf

DSC_01065.jpg

DSC_01076.jpg

DSC_01099.jpg

DSC_01107.jpg

I am still looking for a 5 door silver rear bumper but having no luck on ebay. What else do you guys recommend as I don't know where to start! I am going to get a focus induction kit and possibly a sporting spoiler and find some cheap alloys as well as some side skirts. Any suggestions?
Nice to see another five-door on here (especially one with a Sporting front bumper...)! Welcome to the Forum...! (y)

Haha Cheers! :)

They really a sporting bumper?
mine has it and its not a sporting :confused:

I'm not really sure, this one came off a sporting though.

OllieS just to remind you only a 5 door silver bumper will fit the 5 door car so be internet wary

I figured that out the hard way :( , just got refunded a couple of days ago for a 3 door one.

Quick question would some 2002 Fiat Stilo (4x98) 16" Alloy Wheels & Tyres (205 55 16) fit or would they be to large and start rubbing?

My paint and wheel trims arrived today, I really cant afford alloys at the moment so these will have to do, they don't look to bad I don't think:

DSC_01084.jpg

Started colour coding stuff, doorhandles are first on the list then wing mirrors:

DSC_01134.jpg

Haven't really done much with the car due to appalling weather recently. However the bump strips have now been removed, wing-mirrors re-sprayed, new rear bumper fitted but needs a total respray due to the colour being off and also managed to spray over the dirty scuff on the front.

A few picks after it has been T-Cut, washed and waxed:

DSC_02421.jpg

DSC_02404.jpg

DSC_02413.jpg

Alloys are on the shopping list and hopefully should buy some this week if any crop up on ebay etc. Just looking for some around the £150 that are half decent with tires :/

I was under the impression that style of bumper was on ALL 3dr mk2 puntos!

Wrong , lower spec models usually have those nasty non c/c bumpers (grey) like Mia has non c/c bumpers.

Usually the middle class and high class have the c/c bumpers, I went scrappy two days ago and found a MK2 ELX with the c/c bumpers. I think ELX/HLX/Actice are the middle class ones and HGT being the high class.

Reminds me, next time im at that scrappy to nab its rear bumper:D

Benny

you have to think of puntos as being comfort and sporty two different lines of car

Comfort models
Base model
Punto (mia and alike)
ELX
HLX

Sporty models
Active
sporting
HGT

later they moved over to
active
dynamic
eleganza

active sport
sporting
HGT

Comfort bumper
Fiat_Punto_Silber_2.jpg

Sport bumper
car_id_2035_1.jpg

Bought some dezent alloys. They are pretty decent for the price I payed!

DSC_02462.jpg

Will these be a straight fit replacement for the steel wheels? No new nuts needed?

Exact same alloys as mine! They look awesome refurbed in grey! New bolts are needed need to be tapered. Ebay punto alloy bolts and you will find them :) good choice they are pretty dezent ;)

Sam

Attachments

• 1371588737866.jpg
    1371588737866.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 59
Back