DSC_0630.JPG

Punto (Mk2/2b) Fiat Punto Mk2

Introduction

Hi guys! Been on the forum a while so I finally got round to cleaning my car up a bit and posting some photos :)

I passed my test about 6 months ago and bought my punto, which has had SO much work done... Urgh! Unfortunately this has left me little money to do any modifications, and now that I'm in uni I have even less, so don't expect much to change too quickly!

The car has 70,000 miles on the clock and its an 02 plate. Not a bad first car, should last me a few years! Here's what I've managed to do on my pathetic, gypsy-like income:

Interior Mods:

Footwell lights (Photos to come soon)
HGT Steering Wheel

Exterior Mods:

Smooth Sided

To Do List

Lights for cup holder section on centre console (have the parts)
CC wing mirrors
CC door handles
Get rid of my god awful hub caps and steelies
Respray the left part of the back bumper (someone tried to do this and failed miserably)

As you can tell, my funds are limited and I don't want to go near any modifications that would bump up my insurance too much for the first couple of years, i simply can not afford it :eek:

PICTURES

Well, I like it anyway :eek:
Reactions: homeward
Well, I like it anyway :eek:

I like it, too: but then I'm a sucker for five-door Puntos! (y)

Looks just like mine, inside... -- except my leather steering wheel is still lying on the back seat, wrapped in bubble-wrap! :eek:

The first thing I'd do (and did) is change those wheels, though. Upgraded mine to Sporting alloys, with Toyo Proxes T1Rs (185/55-15); and they've made it a much nicer car to drive... -- much smoother and tighter through corners (and therefore less braking); less scrabbling at junctions, etc.. [Note: 195/50-15s are cheaper!] :)

Looking forward to watching this thread progress...! :cool:

I like it, too: but then I'm a sucker for five-door Puntos! (y)

Haha, thanks... I love them!! :D

Looks just like mine, inside... -- except my leather steering wheel is still lying on the back seat, wrapped in bubble-wrap! :eek:

Haha, its not that difficult to change it over tbh, get it done!!! I bought a second hand one for £15... Was going to buy it new but I thought that a brand new steering wheel would look out of place, so I got one with a couple of scratches and faded bits to fit in with the rest of the car :eek:

The first thing I'd do (and did) is change those wheels, though. Upgraded mine to Sporting alloys, with Toyo Proxes T1Rs (185/55-15); and they've made it a much nicer car to drive... -- much smoother and tighter through corners (and therefore less braking); less scrabbling at junctions, etc.. [Note: 195/50-15s are cheaper!] :)

I'd love to change the wheels, hopefully will do soon its just a case of when I have the money to do it :p

Looking forward to watching this thread progress...! :cool:

The progress is going to be mega slow, have no money and I'm going to be busy as hell at uni what with getting extremely drunk, studying AND attending lectures :(

Haha, its not that difficult to change it over tbh, get it done!!! I bought a second hand one for £15... Was going to buy it new but I thought that a brand new steering wheel would look out of place, so I got one with a couple of scratches and faded bits to fit in with the rest of the car :eek:

Mine cost me exactly the same amount... -- although I think a fiver of that was for the bubble-wrap! :D

I have a 5dr too \o/ de-wipering the back is a very cheap mod. Just buy a rubber gromit off ebay to plug the hole.

Grab a spray can of your car colour & lacquer and go at the wing mirrors and door handles. There are a few guides but is very straight forward and relatively cheap.

I have a 5dr too \o/ de-wipering the back is a very cheap mod. Just buy a rubber gromit off ebay to plug the hole.

Grab a spray can of your car colour & lacquer and go at the wing mirrors and door handles. There are a few guides but is very straight forward and relatively cheap.

I'm not taking the back wiper off :p My plan is to sell the car in a few years time, and I don't want to change too much, as I've said before... Would it not fail the MOT with no back wiper anyway? :confused:

I know how to do the handles etc. will be doing that all in hopefully the near future, I just don't have the time at the moment to bother with it ^^

Considering tinting the rear lights, but not too sure if I want to or not.

Rear wiper removal is fine for MOT unless the spindle is deemed as being a sharp edge, depends on tester

I'm not taking the back wiper off :p My plan is to sell the car in a few years time, and I don't want to change too much, as I've said before... Would it not fail the MOT with no back wiper anyway? :confused:

I know how to do the handles etc. will be doing that all in hopefully the near future, I just don't have the time at the moment to bother with it ^^

Considering tinting the rear lights, but not too sure if I want to or not.

I'd be very careful with tinting rear lights, a very fine line between looking good and tacky. Personally I'd give it a miss. What are the steelies like without the hubs? Maybe give the steelies a lick of paint and run without the hubs for now?

De-wipering is fine although considering you're getting rid of it soon I wouldn't bother. Just smarten up the trim with some restore spray and go to work with some T-cut on the bodywork. TLC is never a bad thing, and don't forget about looking after the insides! A good service and oil change is a good start (y)

Back