IMAG01493.jpg

Grande Punto (Abarth) My GPA SS

I agree, I like the white when they're clean but I have to wipe them down after practically every journey! For someone as OCD as me with car cleanliness it's not a good thing!

Hi everyone, sorry for the lack of responses on here... not had much time to be posting.

Not thought of doing anything yet, not sure what kind of gains I'd get from a TMC box (guessing about 200bhp) but that would probably be my first port of call. Closely followed by getting the wheels re-done in titanium...they look pretty for the first 8 seconds after they've been cleaned but I'm going through bilberry cleaner like there's no tomorrow!

What I would say to anyone thinking of getting a GPA SS though is just get one, they're great fun and easy on the wallet when it comes to tax, insurance and fuel economy. The ride isn't as harsh as many reviews suggest and it's just supreme fun.

The TMC box can cause problems. They were actually designed using my car as a guinea pig, I asked about them at the Abarth meet up last month and was told it pushes the BHP up to about 210-220 BHP on most of the cars, but issues can occur shortly after them being fitted.

What are you getting as an average on MPG? I can get about 33-36 on a normal drive with some "fun", have been able to get 48MPG when I was stuck behind slow moving traffic...all the way down to 20-28MPG when I put my foot down with "sports mode" on :devil:

Agree with the alloys being a pain to clean in white...try using some poorboys sealant on them, it makes the dirt "rub off" much easier :devil:

I'm getting about 30mpg which is having a bit of fun, was only getting 32-34mpg with my 1.4 Fiat 500! I reckon if I keep off the boost I can get it to 40 easily, but where's the fun in that? (y)

Back