172169_10150102956119081_7507366_o.jpg

Grande Punto My 1.2 Active GP Black

Introduction

So this is my baby. I call her Phoebe lmao. now a list if what ive done/doing to her.

• Tinted windows full black on rear windows
  • Tinted front windows to legal requirement
  • added wind deflectors
  • added punto decal (white) on the sides above skirts
  • added punto decals to wing mirrrors
  • punto overlay on rear middle break light (see pictures)
  • removal of punto badge on boot
  • added Aux lead to radio
all very basic things that set the car off nicely

things im currently doing:
  • alloys. already purchased there being delivered wednesday morning (silver multispoke wolfrace 15")
  • debadging front grill. again waiting for it to be delivered then a quick black spray and ill fir that no problem
  • also looking to fix the condensation in rear fiat badge
what i wanna do in the future. well theres only really lowering it that i really wanna do. but price is an issue. not just to have it done but i reckon insurance will rape me if i do that.

so what you think? i will of course post photos weekend of the Alloys and debadged grill. but for now a little imagination is necessary :D

IMG_03835.JPG

IMG_03794.JPG

IMG_03862.JPG

176522_10150106987809081_7142872_o.jpg

175455_10150102964099081_7769738_o.jpg

172169_10150102956119081_7507366_o.jpg
Reactions: Rob93
Haha thanks glad you noticed the cleanliness. I'd spent an hour that day T-cut polishing it. And I like the 15" wheels. But that's just me. The debadged grill will come to me silver so I might try it just to see how it looks. But I guarantee i'll end up spraying them black. Also looking to tint the lights (front and back) I hear rumours of a magic spray tint somewhere or another but I'm weighing out the risks on that. When I get my new rear badge I'm gonna attempt to use some sort of clear sealant to keep it from "misting" up again. Anyone else have that problem with the badges?

You can buy tint spray in a spray can for the lights :) i used it on my GP on the rear lights but i didnt want to use it on the front because i have bought some Abarth Headlights. Heard a few people have used flyeye (film)which is road legal :) just have to be careful with tint spray especially on front headlights.

Hope this helps :)

You can buy tint spray in a spray can for the lights :) i used it on my GP on the rear lights but i didnt want to use it on the front because i have bought some Abarth Headlights. Heard a few people have used flyeye (film)which is road legal :) just have to be careful with tint spray especially on front headlights.

Hope this helps :)

Right so you would say no to headlights being sprayed. That was probably my main worry. I'll look this flyeye stuff up though. How much did you pay for the Abarth lights. Are they a simple pull out and replace job? BTW your GP is beautiful. Did they come with the coloured wing mirror plates or did you fit them? I've got the plastic things that are discolouring and fading. Thinking about replacing them with black painted ones. Unless there's an easy solution to bring out the colour again? As when they where new they looked nice as they matched the plastic bit below the windscreen (above the bonnet) with the windscreen wash sprayers.

Right so you would say no to headlights being sprayed. That was probably my main worry. I'll look this flyeye stuff up though. How much did you pay for the Abarth lights. Are they a simple pull out and replace job? BTW your GP is beautiful. Did they come with the coloured wing mirror plates or did you fit them? I've got the plastic things that are discolouring and fading. Thinking about replacing them with black painted ones. Unless there's an easy solution to bring out the colour again? As when they where new they looked nice as they matched the plastic bit below the windscreen (above the bonnet) with the windscreen wash sprayers.

I would say no to sraying headlights because you cannot be sure how much light is coming through the lens and that can be an MOT failure.

Take a look at sammclean23 's GP he used to have flyeye on his headlights its a honeycomb film, they have there own website aswell if you search on google.

The Abarth Headlights are a straight swap but you have to loosen or remove the front bumper to get them out, not too bad though. I piad £200 for brand new ones from Partsworld UK RRP is £450 from Fiat :/

My mirror capa came like that from new but https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto-guides/172488-mirror-cap-removal.html this link will show you how to remove the cap and you can spray them or replace them :)

You could use a black to black liquid solution from simionz, that would bring them up same as the scuttle panel on the bonnet :)

Thanks for the comments on my car :D

I would say no to sraying headlights because you cannot be sure how much light is coming through the lens and that can be an MOT failure.

Take a look at sammclean23 's GP he used to have flyeye on his headlights its a honeycomb film, they have there own website aswell if you search on google.

The Abarth Headlights are a straight swap but you have to loosen or remove the front bumper to get them out, not too bad though. I piad £200 for brand new ones from Partsworld UK RRP is £450 from Fiat :/

My mirror capa came like that from new but https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto-guides/172488-mirror-cap-removal.html this link will show you how to remove the cap and you can spray them or replace them :)

You could use a black to black liquid solution from simionz, that would bring them up same as the scuttle panel on the bonnet :)

Thanks for the comments on my car :D

No problem it really is nice. Right. See I don't mean to be funny but I dislike the flyeye stuff. I'm not picky but it doesn't seem to grab my attention. Think I might go down the Abarth headlight look. But not just yet there a lot of money lol. Still might tint the back lights for now. Especially how easy it is to remove the back lights lol. I Lol'd at that wing mirror tutorial. "grab and pull" that's it lmao. Gonna look up this back to black stuff. I, gonna guess its not permanent. More like a quick 5 minute apply job whenever you wash the car?

HI mate, the only legal 'tinting' I know of is 'flyeye' like I had, or LaminX.

I believe it's illegal to spray the front lights and will fail an MOT, depending where you have it done of course.....

Yeh I can imagine it is. Headlights are picky ****ers in MOT's. Like I said above I ain't fond of the flyeye stuff at the moment, I think because the lights are chromed underneath there Is a lot of contrast between the casing and actual lights. I might look up some aftermarket lights, see if there's any nice ones.

Last edited:
The only other lights are Angel Eyes but i would say Abarth lights as they re the perfect fit always reccomended on here aswell :) That Partsworld are the cheapest place you will find and there the Abarth Dealer.

Yes its not permanent but it gives it a leace of life :)

So my new alloys have come what you guys think? ill fit them saturday and hopefully my new debadged grill and my new back to black gel arrives also. means me and my baby can spend the day together whilst i give her some new shoes :p ive also had my gear gaitor arrive today so ill fit that as well. although i do know those things are little ****ers to fit

IMG_03932.JPG

IMG_03947.JPG

oh and thanks a lot sean :D

No problem :) nice alloy wheels did you say they were 15"'s?

yeh 15" like i said i like them alot. if i drop the car 40mm it should remove the super huge gap between tyre and arch and it will make it look even better i think. but its not urgent at the moment. just want me grill now. how long do FK normally take to deliver things do you know?

Just in-case your unsure whether getting Lamin-X or a Fly Eye Kit - I have got a Fly Eye Kit on my GP, i have had 2 MOTs with it on and Passed both times, also from a distance your headlights look very Dark, looks good if you have a black grill (de-badged) - A nice looking car though, very clean

Just in-case your unsure whether getting Lamin-X or a Fly Eye Kit - I have got a Fly Eye Kit on my GP, i have had 2 MOTs with it on and Passed both times, also from a distance your headlights look very Dark, looks good if you have a black grill (de-badged) - A nice looking car though, very clean

Yeh debadged grill come today ironically. Spraying and fitting it weekend. Then I'm gonna tint rear lights and im still on the fence with the flyeye stuff. So let's see how it go's thanks for your input I appreciate it. And thanks about he car :)

For anyone else that wants to know I fitted my alloys today and my gosh they look good :D super happy with them photos will be posted later. I'm at work at the moment :)

Back