pic44.jpg

Stilo My Stilo Multiwagon JTD the S-Wagon lol

Introduction

Well if you have seen my other marea weekends and my old punto you will know this is just the start.

So after weeks of looking and after i was going to buy another car but i had to spend money on my house this popped up, from fellow forum member, i drove to birmingham to view it and left a deposit and collected it 2 weeks later, i am over the moon with it, just need to give it a good clean sort a couple of small niggles and then start on the mods, here are some pictures

and what a joy to drive, returning 60mpg and its very smooth and quick when it needs to be, my insurance was cheaper and my tax is very cheap. so now the modifications i have planned.

first up it will be lowered next month, then i shall re-furb the wheels in a anthacite colour, de-badge it, twin 3" exhuast for now, and then i shall probably leave it until teh winter is over, but my plan is too run rotiform blq wheels or xxr 527 wheels and get it stanced right, i am going to have the engine covers flocked and some of teh interior too, going to add a boost gauge and oil pressure gauge to the a pillar, and a volt and amp gauge to my cupholders, probably change teh gear knob for a new one and fit my drilled and grooved discs that i already have. then just get it really clean and enjoy it but thats my plans the wheels may not happen as i do like the wheels that are on there already, either way it will be clean and low.

cheers

robin
Was going to say that too, i went to oxford and back couple of days ago and sat on the motorway at around 70mph (65 sat nav) and my trip was best showing 51.9 mpg worst 47.4.

Yes but even adv 50mpg for the car is brilliant though and I'm going on a long trip Saturday and I will see what i can achieve then.

Think you have got a lovely car though, only thing i don't like is the cream leather.

Really smart car! I love the interior. And the plans sound tasty. Not enough modded MW's out there.

I have achieved 60 mpg before! Involved a lot of concentration, clear roads and classical music, but it's doable :)

Owen.

Yes but even adv 50mpg for the car is brilliant though and I'm going on a long trip Saturday and I will see what i can achieve then.

Think you have got a lovely car though, only thing i don't like is the cream leather.

Let us know how you get on, i am off to the hadlon forest next weekend (going mtb'ing) so that is a fair old trip for me so i will gauge it again next week.

I love the cream leather :) it is a bit slidy though lol

Really smart car! I love the interior. And the plans sound tasty. Not enough modded MW's out there.

I have achieved 60 mpg before! Involved a lot of concentration, clear roads and classical music, but it's doable :)

Owen.

Thanks dude, yeah i was sort of concentrating as my wife was following me in the picasso so was making sure she was behind me alot.

Yeah there isn't many MW out there in standard form to be honest, really pleased with it and the mods will start next month, would love a schuie front bumper but may fit a 3 door one at some stage, once i get it dropped i will know where i am going, think i may start saving for the wheels now and if all goes to plan i will have them next march ready for the summer i also like teh vintage calibers in a staggered fitment. so far all i have bought is a stubby aerial in black and a new set of wipers front and rear, but i would like a bonnet bra for long journeys too

would love a schuie front bumper but may fit a 3 door one at some stage

Hold out for the Brazilian front! Fiats the MW like a glove!

once i get it dropped i will know where i am going

How low you going?

i would like a bonnet bra for long journeys too

Bear in mind, they don't make one for the 5dr/MW. But the 3dr one does fit of a fashion, just like 15mm of overhang.

Hold out for the Brazilian front! Fiats the MW like a glove!

How low you going?

Bear in mind, they don't make one for the 5dr/MW. But the 3dr one does fit of a fashion, just like 15mm of overhang.

i will see, lucky for me my dad has a3 door in the same colour and i am sure he wouldn't mind if i nicked his front bumper lol

gonna go as low as i can, gonna drop it 40mm on pi to start with and see how it sits and then if its not quite low enough i will look at getting some springs made up by leda for more lows, the bra will only be used for long journeys wont be on all the time

Great looking car! i spotted a privately imported one in Aus once, always had a soft spot for them.

And huge respect for your choice of wheels, Rotiform BLQs are hands down one of the best looking wheels out there!

Thanks dude, still want to stay 17's and go a bit wider maybe shim the rear for a little camber and get the tops tucked, they are a very special wheel though

Well i did 612 miles yesterday and going up was 300 miles and 30.7 litres of diesel which gives 44.64Mpg which isn't great to be honest and that was sat at 60mph on sat nav. I stopped twice for a drink as well.

Return journey it drank about the same so i still have things dragging i think, Going to replace nearside wheel bearing and wishbone and see what difference that makes.
But it didn't miss a beat over the 612 miles yesterday.(y)

Ah but whats the real mpg, I know mine is 3mpg out at least on the display.

Once I'm on the motorway and cruising I reset the trip.
50 miles later I checked the mpg and it said 62mpg.
I'm not sure how accurate it is. I'd expect it to be out 3 or 4 mpg either way but I'm still happy.

I'm able to remap the car when ever I want, swapping from the original map to a performance map and it still reads the same when I'm cruising. Remapping doesn't seem to effect the mpg.

Well i tripped mine at the garage which was within 1000 metres of the motorway and i still couldnt better 52.6mpg as the best.

I do need tyre's as well but that will be cured in a couple of weeks time.

Back