dealeers.jpg

Grande Punto New Fiat New Start

Introduction

As my Mk2 is now off the roads, I have acquired a Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Active in black.
Here it is:
dealeers.jpg

Currently don't have any more pictures of it, but will soon upload some more.
Kind of a blank canvas, this one, completely standard so far.

Currently thinking of getting:
Both front grilles in black, top one badgeless.
17" alloys
Rear Sporting spoiler

Up for suggestions for alloys as I haven't figured out which ones I want yet. Although I like the Grande Punto 17" 10 spoke alloys

What do you think?
I'd go for original Grande alloys, aftermarket wheels are naff. The older sporting alloys look the best but suffer from corrosion problems on the diamond cut faces. Still you could get a scruffy set and have the diamond cut faces painted as part of a refurbishment. Alternatively the newer style wheels suffer no such problems.

I'd go for original Grande alloys, aftermarket wheels are naff. The older sporting alloys look the best but suffer from corrosion problems on the diamond cut faces. Still you could get a scruffy set and have the diamond cut faces painted as part of a refurbishment. Alternatively the newer style wheels suffer no such problems.

Yeah I'm slowly swaying towards the 10 spoke alloys.

Yesss, your on the Grande pathway now. The best one to be on :p

Liking it. Black i find is a hard colour to customise, as anything you do to other colours ends up being making this 'black', making that 'black'. Seeing as yours is black i find it hard to think what to do, unless you are going for the stealth look.

If it were me, i'd get some 10 spoke OEM, as 17's and get them painted black, with maybe an outer lip of a colour. Whichever you like, something like orange, or red. Then have the outer edge of the grills with the same colour. Maybe the wing mirrors in the same pattern, ect. You see where i'm going.

I like this though, definately going to be keeping an eye on your progress!

Pssstttt, if you get hold of a badgeless grill before me i'll be miffed! Haha. Get it dropped on Eibachs in time too ;)

Liking it. Black i find is a hard colour to customise, as anything you do to other colours ends up being making this 'black', making that 'black'. Seeing as yours is black i find it hard to think what to do, unless you are going for the stealth look.

If it were me, i'd get some 10 spoke OEM, as 17's and get them painted black, with maybe an outer lip of a colour. Whichever you like, something like orange, or red. Then have the outer edge of the grills with the same colour. Maybe the wing mirrors in the same pattern, ect. You see where i'm going.

Pssstttt, if you get hold of a badgeless grill before me i'll be miffed! Haha. Get it dropped on Eibachs in time too ;)

10 spoke OEMs is what I'm after to be honest. Just need money for them (n)
In a perfect world I would go for black with a bit of yellow colour scheme. Not as in put yellow alloys on but possibly black with a yellow lip. And just little things.
So far a badgleless grille is the only thing I'm in process of obtaining :D
Then I will be saving money for alloys. (y)

Yes, yellow...never thought of yellow. That would look brilliant. Needs to be a colour that contrasts well with black. Blues and greens wouldnt work, but yellow definitely will!

Ahhh, you buying the badgeless grill off of someone on here? I believe it was the same person i sent a pm to enquiring about it yesterday. Was a little too slow :p However, i have snapped up ysidfa's spoiler :p Collecting it at MITCar sunday.

Money money money. I need to shift these alloys i'm selling to free up cash to continue with my mods now. Hit the bottom of my car kitty atm, and i don't think the missus would appreciate me dipping into holiday funds!

Waiting for a sunny day to get out and take pics of my motor now. Polishing and cleaning ready for MITCar tommorow and thursday. Probably friday and saturday too!

Yeah, they said I can pic kit up this week but I haven't got a reply as to what day or an address where from :shrug:
I was thinking about that spoiler as I need to get one but I literally have no more money to spend. And the payday is nearly 4 weeks away too.

I'm selling the alloys from my Mk2 too to get some money towards other things. And nah I don't think many ladies would appreciate cars over their holiday :D

As far as sunny weather goes, you missed about a weeks worth of it mate. Once you get some pictures, get a thread going though. I can contribute one. (y) And yeah I can see the polishing taking place at every free moment.
100_1154.JPG

You officially have more photo's on FF of my car than i do :D Haha.

I'll keep you posted on 10 spoke alloys if i see them pop up as i'm always searching for them myself. Won't get any, but i always look for them. Money permitting would you get it dropped? Looking at that photo mine doesnt look dropped much on Eibach's, but then again i'm on low profiles and on uneven grass. Worth it though, i recommend it!

You officially have more photo's on FF of my car than i do :D Haha.

I'll keep you posted on 10 spoke alloys if i see them pop up as i'm always searching for them myself. Won't get any, but i always look for them. Money permitting would you get it dropped? Looking at that photo mine doesnt look dropped much on Eibach's, but then again i'm on low profiles and on uneven grass. Worth it though, i recommend it!

Cheers mate. I'm browsing ebay for a set and adding them to the watch list whenever any shows up. Just wish I had the money for them though. And yeah I would drop it a little if I had money spare :rolleyes:

You don't need to buy a new bottom grill to make them black. The grill from FK Automotive OS silver. So buy some black bumper paint. And spray both of them at the same time befor fitting. I did mine this weekend will add the pictures in a minute. I also have a lack grande so yo can look at mine for inspiration if you fancy it.

Are you crackers black goes with any colour in the universe

Ok, perhaps i didn't put what i meant into words too well. I simply meant black is a colour that is hard to worth with unless you like vibrant colours. However lighter coloured cars always have a more immediate effect when say, black, is used on them. Darker colours don't work so good on black cars basically, but vibrant ones do. When i said blue and green i meant darker shades, but i'm aware i didn't say this in my post. I shouldnt have rushed typing it :p

Last edited:
16_Inch_Rial_Ravenna_Alloy_Wheels__PI_2366_0_0_998_998_303.jpg
Got these to go on my sons black Grande....but have not put them on as yet, as when I checked, his brake disks and pads were shot. So I have the parts, but not fitted as yet. Also gives me a chance to paint the calipers (red)
Get the car back tomorrow, as its in, getting the windows tinted, and a stripe.

16_Inch_Rial_Ravenna_Alloy_Wheels__PI_2366_0_0_998_998_303.jpg
Got these to go on my sons black Grande....but have not put them on as yet, as when I checked, his brake disks and pads were shot. So I have the parts, but not fitted as yet. Also gives me a chance to paint the calipers (red)
Get the car back tomorrow, as its in, getting the windows tinted, and a stripe.

:cry:

Lol,

Lovely wheels though. Will look amazing on the car. Is the car lowered at all?

EDIT: i assume you haven't bought these in a 5 stud fitment like the image you've posted up, as Grande's are 4x100 fitment.....

Last edited:
No, that picture was just a general piccy. My lads wheels have the 4 holes needed. :)

No, the car isn't lowered........but he has a mod list as long as his arm........................he can bog off. ;)

Last edited:
Well, I think the 16" look the dogs ******.

SDC10083.jpg

Also the stripe

SDC10086.jpg

SDC10085.jpg

The tint looks good as well.

SDC10087.jpg

I've got to stop now............its not even my bloody car.

Sorry Raul........

Don't think his insurance co will be happy with that..........or at least they will slap a charge on.

Back