Future mods:
Destrip the sides
Angel eye headlights
HID's
Coilovers
Black/anthracite alloys with red lip
Decent tyres
Leather interior from Bravo HGT
Different steering wheel (what are the options here?)
LED boot light
LED interior light
Induction upgrade
decat, straight through exhaust
Remap (obviously!)
Mk2b rear lights with slight tint
Tinted rear windows (not too dark though)

Possible finished product?
punto_front21.jpg
Reactions: Joshhh
Nice project to keep you busy. Good service is highly recommended with new belt, water pump and battery (if you don't know its age) can always keep the old one as a spare. Worth having the alternator output checked and ecu read for any old fault codes. Cracking cars and easy to work on, not usual for foreign makes excluding Ford. Loads of help always on the forum especially for those with the older models. W plate JTD for myself. Can't fault it and 53mpg for a 96,000 mile car ain't to be sniffed at!

Looks nice (y)

I'm very impressed with a 2B 1.3MJ Dynamic I have owned for the last 3 weeks... 70500 miles FFSH and about 60-61 mpg around town, nippy, comfortable and as Dcthebear mentioned, nice and easy to work on with parts readily and cheaply available new and used.

I likes Puntoing... :D

Started with a few mods yesterday...got my HID's in with white LED sidelights:
image6.jpeg

I was informed by a neighbour that there are underground garages for our apartment block (i'm a new resident) and if I wanted to I could take my car down there to do work...extremely useful especially with the rain!

Tried the Bravo leathers but they don't fit :bang:

Started smooth siding also, I just need to get something to remove the adhesive. I have some AG tar remover somewhere :rolleyes:

I also installed my CD player from my Bravo...the fascia was a PITA, it just wouldn't click into place so I just wedged it in when I put the cage in, seems to be ok.

And lastly I did the footwell LED strips in. Originally I went for red but when I tried it with white I preferred it so I stuck with white (red was a bit chavvy). Might use the red for the rear under the front seats. Need to do the boot light too :)

I'll get some more pictures when I've finished everything.

pm brin for leather :slayer:
He's sold them already :(

Leathers were at hand so thought I may as well give them a go but a they didn't fit I'll just have to keep my eye out for a cheap set of Alfa leathers. There was a beige set on eBay that went for £50!

UPDATE:
Finally finished smooth siding:
image_1_3.jpeg

Forgive the mess...needs a bloody good clean!
Found the easiest way to do this was to spray some WD40 over the adhesive and let it work for 5-10 minutes and then attack it with an old bank card. This got most of the gunk off but for the final, more stubborn bits I used autoglym intensive tar remover, let it work for 5 minutes and then it came straight off.

Looks miles better :slayer:

Also, here's a picture of my footwells:
image_2_1.jpeg

White looks better than what the red did IMO but I'm going to put the red under the front seats but facing backwards so it lights up the rear footwells :):) just need more wire.

Next on the list is colour code the front and rear bump strips and plasti-dip the part of the front bumper which is black, the 'door bags', wing mirrors, handles and possibly the punto badge at the rear...

Was just having a think about a few things with my punto...red and black has been done loads before, what do people think about red and white? White wheels, white wing mirrors and white accent on the front bumper (where the black bit is under the licence plate)? I think it will look nice, opinions?

Back