photo.JPG

Stilo My stilo from then to now

Introduction

After owning my stilo for well over a year, I decided to showcase it. Any questions of the changes feel free to ask.

When I bought it, it had a tape player, plastic steering wheel, steel wheels with wheel trims.

I retrofitted Abarth instrument cluster, leather steering wheel with buttons, Cruise Control, Connect Nav+, 17" claws, and soon (after I move) leather interior (already have it). Wrapped the upper glovebox and window controls in carbon fiber vinyl. Fitted a XCarlink to my CN+ to be able to play music from usb/sd/aux in. Also soon to come electric rear windows, Climate Control (see my thread about it, I will start work on it on the 10th of June).

Engine is OEM but has new coil packs, new spark plugs, new throttle body, timing belt, battery. Soon to come front strut, painted engine and battery cover, new earthing cables, new suspensions, drop links, bushes, brake discs and pads, painted calipers (either red or blue same as the car).
i think it needs lowered and a 3dr front bumper... other than that i quite like it.

im loving the abarth dials and the cruise control.... something i need :p. and the carbon.... looks ok... would look better if the end cap was done to match on both side, that way it would look like it goes all the way across in a line.

i think it needs lowered and a 3dr front bumper... other than that i quite like it.

im loving the abarth dials and the cruise control.... something i need :p. and the carbon.... looks ok... would look better if the end cap was done to match on both side, that way it would look like it goes all the way across in a line.

You sir are a mind reader haha. I want to lower it as well and put the 3dr bumper or the schumi one, but I got my reserves... mostly because of the insurance.

And the end cap on the left is already done, the one on the right is a bit dodgy to do because it is actually part of the whole dashboard if you know what I mean.

Cheers for the comments,
Andy

bumper wont change insurance. lowering would but marginally.

theoreticly they should be informed about alloys, connect nav. crusie control ect as there addons that increase vehicle value

I just managed to grab the new style grill for my stilo off ebay in an auction :slayer:
Rear electric windows are in (bloody pain in the backside to retrofit them). Leather seats are in as well. Will upload photos soon!

Oh it was you was it, I hope it arrives in a million pieces git....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:cry:

It was the first one I have ever seen on eBay in all the time I have looked. Still I will now have to buy it from shop4parts I guess.

how is it? and which bit?

according to my insurance when i phoned them about my mods (hastings direct) anything that increases the vehicles value or appeal needs to be declared. however anything that was original fiat optional extra didnt increase the price but needed to be noted. so my blades, connect nav ect didnt increaes policy but the coilovers did.... by £20... which is exactly what i said it increased it marginally lol. (23 1yr no claims).

but obviously others may be different.

but obviously others may be different.

exactly, your first statement didn't state this and what your current provider has said can change at any point and may indeed now be different for newly incepted policies with them self or indeed different for policies incepted before a certain date.

Last edited:
Back