DSC003537.jpg

Seicento Finally got my Seicento Sporting.

Introduction

I owned a Seicento SX 0.9 for just over a year and loved it, but was bored with the lack of performance. Scoured the web for ages for a nice standard Sei bargain and then yesterday I found this little beauty.
DSC003537.jpg

DSC003545.jpg

It's completely standard, owned previously by a lady who was scared of 50mph.
62K. Couple of little nicks on the body and alloys. But overall very tidy.
Needs a new clutch which is ordered and on the way. Has an oil leak, possibly head gasket, will get it checked in the next couple of days. I think the rear wiper motor has gone. But everything else is just sweet, as Fiat intended.
All I'm going to do to it is hopefully squeeze a little bit more power with some as yet unknown mods, exhaust, decat maybe. Beef the brakes up. I'm tempted to a set of Schumacher alloys from the later models but not desperate. There was an advisory for a corroded spring so a better set may come in the near future, but it feels tip top to be honest, and I don't want to lower it too far and ruin the ride. 12 months MOT, taxed til November. I'm not telling how much, but lets just say it was a freakin steal.
This is my old Seicento SX.
Looks tidy mate, I've moved this thread to Members Motors but it'll link to the Cinq/Sei section as soon as the prefix is sorted (y)

Edit: Just noticed your pics are hosted externally too, can you upload them to the Gallery please, ta!

Last edited:
Ordered filters, spark plugs, HT's and front pads today, along with a rocker cover gasket and a tin of engine cleaner. Just waiting for the clutch kit to arrive in the post. Will post pics of the work if I can, I have a compulsion about touching my phone with oily hands so we'll see how that goes.

And might I add, all still falling in well under budget so far. :thumbs:

Last edited:
It is a nice car. I think I'd get rid of the flashes and fit clear indicators. You could probably lower 35mm and not feel a massive difference in ride quality.

that is exactly what I had in mind, but only after everything mechanical has been done. the missus likes the orange flashes but i've told her they are going. i'm just going to wait until a spring goes to replace them, got enough to do right now!

first thing I did on my grey sei was fit clear indicators all round, improves it 10x as much IMO escpecially if you replace the bulbs with those chrome coloured bulbs too lol nice car btw

Reactions: jMz
Looking at the flashes, the side ones look like they'll just come off with a bit of heat and some tar remover, but not sure about the front and rear inserts. I was just going to spray them matt black. Any tips?

I've only had it a few days and I keep thinking stiffer and lower. 35mm might be just right. I did that to my Corsa when I didn't want to lower that either. I reckon a strut brace might be in order also. I just can't help myself.

you can either try and mask off on the car and spray.. But to do it properly drop the bumpers off and they are screwed on from behind ;)

On my old silver sei (lighter shade of silver) i painted them satin black, and whacked clear indicators on, looked awesome. I'll find a pic, give me a mo

Oh, worth mentioning as well, when you remove the strip from the side there will be a small hole at the back of the door. So that will need covering with something, on that old sei i put a little home-made decal over the hole and on my current sei i stuck a little abarth sticker over the hole.

To remove i just poured boiling water over it from the kettle to soften it and then pull off. Then some solvent to take sticky residue off, then clean to prevent solvent from damaging paint ;)

Back