DSCF2178.JPG

Punto (Mk2/2b) Fiat Punto Mk2b 3DRS 1.2 8V

Introduction

Hello Fiatforum,

Just new to this forum. But i like to show my car to you all. Purchased the car about 3 months ago here in Holland. That's why it's having those yellow plates ;)

DSCF2178.JPG

DSCF2195.JPG

It's all original now. My Punto has a 60HP 1.2 8V engine and runs on petrol. It has run just over 135000 KM (almost 84000 miles). As far as i know its the Active or Young variant.

Things i want to change:

- Fiat Punto Sporting rear (and maybe front) bumper. I really like the other sporting bumper with the black plastic inserts!
- Fiat Punto Sporting front grill
- Colored wing mirrors
- Replacing the blue Fiat logo's with red Abarth logo's, or maybe just an additional Abarth logo on the rear.
- Replacing the headrests with the original luxury ones (not the hard plastic ones).
- Adding original headrests at the backseats (don't know if this is possible)
- Fitting Mk2 / Mk2b factory subwoofer

Please let me hear what you think of my car!
Things i want to change:

- Fiat Punto Sporting rear (and maybe front) bumper. I really like the other sporting bumper with the black plastic inserts!
- Fiat Punto Sporting front grill
- Colored wing mirrors
- Replacing the blue Fiat logo's with red Abarth logo's, or maybe just an additional Abarth logo on the rear.
- Replacing the headrests with the original luxury ones (not the hard plastic ones).
- Adding original headrests at the backseats (don't know if this is possible)
- Fitting Mk2 / Mk2b factory subwoofer

Please let me hear what you think of my car!

Nice list there bud! (y) Findig the Sporting bumpers is hard, trust me, I've been looking for a while so good luck!
CC the Wing Mirrors will look great (y)
The headrests? Yeah I agree, they are f*cking horrible, but to change them you have to cut your seat wide open to get at the clips.
But a smart motor you get there lad! Looking forward to seeing what you're gonna do to it ;)

And lower it, set of Coilovers are about £200, waaaaaaay worth it! Good luck!

Thanks guys! Just found a sporting rear bumper today, but it doesn't have those black plastic inserts included. Does anyone knows where to get them? (New is better, since finding them second hand is just as hard as finding the sporting bumper..)

Did also find an 100W original subwoofer in an second hand scrappy Punto, in very good shape! Taking a week off in the vacation to dismount it, any information about the wiring (where do the wires go from the boot) whould be really appreciated!

A sporting interior would be best choice seats are alot better more support than the standard ones, car looks nice

Wich Punto does come with a sporting interior? Found a Punto MK2, (with subwoofer - HLX i think) with seats with the nice headrests. Does all sportseats have headrests? And are all the seats with nice headrests sportseats?

Maybe it's indeed better to change the seats, they are just bolted down with 2 bolts each :D (according to Haynes).

Does anyone knows if the MK2 seats are interchangeable with the MK2b seats? As far as i know they are just the same..

Yeah all interiors should be straight fit apart from trying to put a 5 door interior in a 3 door.

MK2 Sporting
MK2 HGT
MK2 HGT JTD
MK2b Active Sport
MK2b HGT

Possibly more, all have the better seats the seats from a alfa 147 can fit if you fancy leather, fronts go straight in and rear bench need frame and bracket work to make fit.

Thanks. Think i'm leaving the interior like this, need that money for the regular maintenance.

Finded out that my Punto didn't have a bootlight installed, wires where there. Got a bootlight from a scrappy Grande Punto and fitted it in mine. Works great!

Also thinking to change the blue Fiat badges to the newer red ones :D

Working out the wiring on a original 100W Fiat subwoofer. Bought a Haynes manual, it contains a clear wiring diagram of the Audio system. (Page 12*26). This is what i got so far:

I need to run two wires from the rear of the car to the front. One wire for the Electric Aerial (grey), and one for the power (Red/Black). According from the Haynes and the car's instruction book there is a fuse (F36) in the passenger fusebox for the subwoofer. To connect via this fuse, i need to get to pin 7 on connector D.

The woofer also needs 4 audio wires, wich can be split from the rear speakers. No need to run those cables to the headunit.

At last the woofer needs a ground, according to Haynes it uses E6. This is the left hand side of luggage compartment. The rear light clusters are also connected to this ground.

Does anyone knows wich connector in the passenger fusebox is connector D? And did anyone ever tried to add a wire to the passenger fusebox connectors?

Thanks in advance!

A short update:

Car had service today at the garage. Had a full inspection with oil + oil filter change. They also adjusted the valve clearance and renewed the rocket cover gasket. The gasket was leaking a bit, that should be over now.

Next thing on the list: some new front tires. Maybe two Continental Conti Eco Contact 5.. Still discussing that.

So far so good. :D

A short update:

Car had service today at the garage. Had a full inspection with oil + oil filter change. They also adjusted the valve clearance and renewed the rocket cover gasket. The gasket was leaking a bit, that should be over now.

Next thing on the list: some new front tires. Maybe two Continental Conti Eco Contact 5.. Still discussing that.

So far so good. :D

They adjusted the shims - sounds like a good place :)

Ziggy

Does anyone know how to change the light for the dipped beam on the left side of the car (driver side in LHD, passenger side in RHD)? The right side is easily accessible, the other side has the fuse box which makes it impossible to acces the dipped beam light...

Did some research, i can remove the whole light assembly to get some more space, but then i need to remove the front bumper, which isn't easily removeable.

Any thoughts? Or should i go to the garage... Feeling a bit dumb that i can't change a light myself..

Shame you dont have a halfords where you are - i'd leave it to them!

From my experience, I wouldn't trust them to organize a bun-fight in a bakery.... After an op, a couple of years ago, I asked them to change the wipers on my Clio. I ended up doing it myself, and then politely requested that the manager give me the fitting fee back.... :(

It didn't help that the kid they sent to do it was about six (I exaggerate for effect), and didn't know his posterior from his olecranon process.... :rolleyes:

How they'd cope with sorting the notoriously inaccessible nearside headlamp, goodness only knows.... :confused:

Ziggy, we have Halfords here in Holland, but they only bring carparts (and much other supplies)
Can't get to the garage due to the weather here in Holland. We had much snow last week and again about 10 cm snow this morning.

But the strange thing is that i don't have a bulb warning light on the dashboard? Shouldn't that light lit when the bulb is not working?

Oh, so it's a Mk2b? I thought it was a MK3 everytime.. Anyway, I've got this car as well but the Sport/(sound?) version.

DSC000537.JPG

(Not my pic btw, but it's that one) and I manged to damage the front bumper.. Now I've no idea how to take bumper out. I've found some screws here and there to get it out, but it seems to be stick still.. The damage was on the right side so that was easy to remove the parts from it.

But I've no idea how to release the other side. There are screws at the button. (like 4?) and 2 on top. I've no idea where to find the others. :cry: ..unless I've to damage and risk to break something else as well..

Any idea? :confused:

better off starting your own thread as this is a thread for someone else's car best not turn it into a bumper thread

Yeah, sorry about that. Was trying to get Rob's attention. :p

Anyway, to answer his question where you can get the front bumper:

http:// w w w .winparts.nl/93/carrosserie/bumper/0190979/voorbumper-in-primer--sport

Or:

http:// w w w .mijnautoonderdelen.nl/auto-onderdelen/fiat/punto/punto-ii-188-hatchback-00-1999/12-60-s-05-2003-12-2010-0kw/plaatwerk/bumper

I've no idea if mine bumper fits in yours actually.. As it's the most expensive bumper of the MK2 versions.

Back