SAM_0148.JPG

Panda (Classic) Super Panda.

Introduction

Thought you might like to see some pics of my "secret" Panda which went for it's MOT today.

Flew through (y) and it is amazing underneath & in the wheelarches :yum: - the garage staff were shocked (I was too to be honest) & they reckon I got a bargain.

It's not perfect, but will probably be visiting Vernon's partner's brother's ( VmanC is that right Vernon? :confused:) paint shop to sort a bit of minor paint damage where the lady hit her gate post (shame she didn't give up driving BEFORE damaging the Panda :bang: ).

I can't work out if it's the same colour as Vernon's new 4x4 - I'm not sure is it?

Although it came with a set of new Dunlop tyres, I'm very tempted to use some period Fiat Panda brand new alloys I have (when I can afford new tyres) - what do you think? I had an identical set on my old Tipo years ago & always wanted to find some more as I like the spoke effect.

Gavin. :)

Reactions: VmanC and Antony
Re: Super Panda

Not so secret now :p. Looks like a really good example though:yum:

Yes that's right Gavin, we call him Pete for short. ;)

Pete tells me our colour was produced in many different shades so it could be the same but different if you know what I mean.

I seem to remember bidding on wheels just like that a couple of years ago, didn't come frome Ebay by any chance did they? I think they'll look superb though (y)

I did buy the wheels from Ebay - sorry! :p I spoke to the bloke selling but he wouldn't stop the auction & my winning bid was less than I'd have paid him direct iirc - you probably weren't going to win those Vernon as I was pretty determined to get them & would have gone higher.

I did buy the wheels from Ebay - sorry! :p I spoke to the bloke selling but he wouldn't stop the auction & my winning bid was less than I'd have paid him direct iirc - you probably weren't going to win those Vernon as I was pretty determined to get them & would have gone higher.

No problem, the following six months of therapy worked wonders :confused:.

Looks like a really nice car.. well done.

What it needs is one of the original Fiat accessory bonnet scoop grilles - I put one on my '92 CLX and it looked great with all the other black plastic.

As for the alloy wheels... I remember that design, they were nice. I guess you'd need to get 165/60 x 13 tyres like the Cinq sportings. I got some MIM X-wires for my car and refitted the standard 155/65 x 13 Pirelli P8s, they were a bit stretched but OK.

I'm not sure I'd bother with the alloys just yet.. your car has the smart wheeltrims and it would depend on the size of the Dunlops.. if they're 155/70 or 155/65 s they are probably fine from a performance point of view.. better than wide Nankangs anyway.

bluejohn125 thanks & great idea re the bonnet scoop - if I can find one!

Yes they are 155 somethings, so should be fine. Wheeltrims are a bit scuffed in places, but it's more that I have these alloys sitting in the spare bedroom (well I'm running out of garage space :D ) & fancy putting them on a Panda tbh.... :)

Another MOT pass today - :woot:

Must use more - only 300 miles last year and that included 200 to the NEC - even I'll struggle to wear the new tyres out at that rate!!! :rolleyes:

Quick phone pics outside before he went back into hibernation..... Yes Pinky stickers and Limited Editions Unlimited stickers are in place!

Last edited:
Another MOT pass today - :woot:

Must use more - only 300 miles last year and that included 200 to the NEC - even I'll struggle to wear the new tyres out at that rate!!! :rolleyes:

Quick phone pics outside before he went back into hibernation..... Yes Pinky stickers and Limited Editions Unlimited stickers are in place!

Congratulations! Looking fantastic too (y).

I'm in a bit of a quandary with the Super at the moment. Odds are I'll just keep it stored away, but that's a bit of a shame as I'm not using it - the car's been nowhere since the MOT, and more Panda's arriving aren't likely to improve this!

It's now almost mint after I had £650 of paintwork before the NEC last year, to cure the bonnet/wing scrape, the underneath looks like it has just come out of the showroom (never been out in the rain allegedly) and only has 18k on the clock with loads of history. (y)

I guess I'm just saying that if anyone is genuinely looking for a top end Panda in a great colour, let me know. I would consider letting someone on the Forum have it, though almost certainly not with the brand new alloys as I won't find those again (the original steelies with trims are running nearly new Dunlops, which shows how it was looked after). I'm deliberately not putting a classified up, as I probably won't sell it & will squirrel it away to appreciate gently..........

One of my favouritest Pandas (although I have to admit that I prefer it with the original wheel trims on...). :)

If it were a Selecta, you'd now be the proud owner of a Mk2 Punto (with a full set of new suspension bits on the back seat...). ;)

In a way, it's a shame it's not being driven. But -- to be honest -- if it were mine, I'd probably also have it locked away, somewhere (especially as I'm starting to feel a little 'precious' about Betty...); and not want anyone else to have it.... :eek:

image753.jpg

Thanks homeward & Didge3 for the kind comments. Yes he'll probably stay tucked away - the more I look at the photos the more I think how nice he looks. Might well still be safely squirrelled in a couple of years Didge! Still a shame not to use a car though, even if it's only costing me an Mot and peanuts for the insurance (not for the squirrels ;) ).

He's just passed the MOT :woot:

After a year of sitting in a lockup he fired up straight away - I'd just disconnected the battery terminals so wasn't sure it would have held the charge for a year. 15 secs of fuel finding its way to the pump & off he went, first turn of the key! (y)

Rather embarrassed to report that last year the mileage was 18486, and this year it was 18503, so it's rapidly turning into a high mileage Panda! :eek:

As he's not exactly been out to the shows recently, here's how he looked at the NEC in 2012 (excuse the poor lighting giving an odd colour)....

Such a nice looking Panda sat on the drive (in the rain :eek: ) even if I do say so myself. ;)

Back