2nd1.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) Joshhh Mk2b Punto "Project".

Introduction

Hello FiatForum!
Just thought start this project thread so you guys can see what im doing to my car and to gain some feedback on what i should/shouldn't do.
So to start off, i brought this baby about 3 months ago (Jan 2012). So after recovering from the crippling deposit for insurance, i can finally start to mod my car out (y)

When i brought it, there was some noticable damage to the rear bumper and the driver's side rear quater panel, where someone had hit it and it had been poorly repaired (Shoddy paintjob, so lots of rust. Fantastic.
frown.gif
)

So first off, i got it home and gave it a good clean out, where i found a boots loyality card and a drumstick lolly.
thumb.gif
(28/01/2012)

So once i had it all cleaned up, there was a niggling problem, THOSE TRIMS.

Yeah i know they are standard, or "stock" but Look at them! I truely hated them with a passion.

So, got myself over to halfords and brought some High Enamal Matte Black Paint for pretty cheap and then brought some Trims from eBay for £30
thumb.gif

So, SOOOO much better. Then, shortly after i brought some things online.

Added some stickers here and there:

So i sat there, looking at my car, admiring my work so far, and then i noticed those "Active" badges under the side repeaters. They had to go.

So got some fishing wire and some WD40 (And a hairdryer) and removed those.

BOOM.

Then i got a bit too happy with how easy that was and removed "Punto" from the back. (Yes i know, i deserve a smack from every FF user
rolleyes.gif
)

So, thats my car's story so far, the plans ive got are:

- Flyeye tint the Rear lights
- Change headlight colours
- Sportex Exhaust System (Current one sounds like a rusty fart)

So please, feel free on commenting about my car, or what you think i should do
thumb.gif
Re: Joshhh Mk2b Punto "Project"

Nice so far mate. Where do you get those Fiatforum.com stickers from?? Gonna put some on my mk2b aswell. :)

I just realised there is a shop tag at the top of the screen :doh: sorry

not gonna lie i hate the wheel trims would of stuck with the originals until you can get something better also the pedo bear sticker is lame but thats just my opinion.

the rest looks good though and there is nothing wrong with removing the punto badge of the back (y)

one of the best things you can do to a black car is give it a good clean and a polish cant beat a nice clean black car

@MostEastlyPandas
cheers buddy, i've got so much more to do! (y)

@FiatNiko
aha, no worries mate, i was about to link it to ya :)

@jip0
Well, those trims that i got it with were rusty, chipped and looked ********, so those trims can do for now! The bear stickers? i love them. But i am gonna remove it when my stickerbomb book comes. Gotta agree about the black car thing, turtle wax all the way (y)

23/03/2012
Ordered:
Fly-eye Tint kit
Stickerbomb book

Ill have pictures up as soon as they both come. :) (y)

Last edited:

for tinting the rear lights, ur better off using savage or e-tech tint spray. lights have too many funny angles to get a great finish on them... many have tried and failed. tint spray is the way to go. (y)

Cheers bud! ill have a go with the Fly Eyes, but if not ill get the spray on em (y)
but cheers for the advice! I love what you've done with your Punto (On your progression thread) I was looking at Stickerbombing the Fuelcap, you mentioned something about lacquer?

Last edited:

Fly eye kit has just come, waiting on the Stickerbomb Book will post pictures when completed. Looking to be on the weekend! (y)

Judging by the stickers, you're into Euro, so coilovers and small-and-silly-wide wheels. I am with Jip0 on the trimzzzzz front; they look pretty naff. And also, an I Love Speedbumps sticker on a none-lowered car looks a bit dodge; personally I don't have one on my car at the moment, coz I can still get over them, and I am scraping tyre on my arches (y)

Anyway, enough criticism, my opinion on mods would be a set of Borbet A's with much dish, coilovers, some smoothing and a de-wiper. Then get a proper flyer of an engine in there, then really concentrate on the details, and the personal touches that set your car out from the rest :)

havnt you got to put the fly eye kit on with in 48 hours of receiving it?

I've never heard this before to be honest :confused: i've asked my friend whose done his and he says its fine, he left his in for a lengthy amount of time and they were fine!

Judging by the stickers, you're into Euro, so coilovers and small-and-silly-wide wheels. I am with Jip0 on the trimzzzzz front; they look pretty naff. And also, an I Love Speedbumps sticker on a none-lowered car looks a bit dodge; personally I don't have one on my car at the moment, coz I can still get over them, and I am scraping tyre on my arches (y)

Anyway, enough criticism, my opinion on mods would be a set of Borbet A's with much dish, coilovers, some smoothing and a de-wiper. Then get a proper flyer of an engine in there, then really concentrate on the details, and the personal touches that set your car out from the rest :)

At the moment the trims have to do, until i can afford some decent alloys. I'd rather have them and save up for some good alloys than spend what little i have left on some medicore alloys.
I agree with the "lowering" criticism, don't get me wrong, i AM going to lower it, but like i said. Im pretty skint at the moment, i've only really been spending money on changing it for like, 3 weeks. This isn't going to be perfect within a couple of days.

And thank you for the advice! that is what i need! some information on different mods so i can check them out and see (y)

Well, you can get a set of Borbet A's in 15" flavor for £500ish without tyres. For less you can get less reps with similar offset, so similar dish. If they aren't your cup o' tea then Rota's are a great looking wheels at good prices. Or look up Grid Look, similar to Euro, but less showy.

When you do get wheels and that, if you need any help then PM me :)

id make sure you can lower it at the same time you get the alloys if your going dish, otherwise they look a bit silly

you could smooth side it as well check the guides section

Well, you can get a set of Borbet A's in 15" flavor for £500ish without tyres. For less you can get less reps with similar offset, so similar dish. If they aren't your cup o' tea then Rota's are a great looking wheels at good prices. Or look up Grid Look, similar to Euro, but less showy.

Well thank you for your help! (y) I like the 'Euro' style :) Im gonna have a look around for some alloys so thank you for pointing me in that direction! For the time being, im just gonna remove the trims and spray the steelies a bright colour, for now they are gonna be white.

I also removed that "I <3 Speedbumps" because, well, like you said, looks daft (y)

id make sure you can lower it at the same time you get the alloys if your going dish, otherwise they look a bit silly

you could smooth side it as well check the guides section

Cheers buddy, i was gonna smooth side it this weekend in fact! I've got soooo much to change, i can't do it in the week because of work :(

Last edited:

Don't mean to double post (n) But i can't edit posts on my phone (n)
I just wanted to mention: By 'grid look' do you mean strip it down and make the car, well, look like it should be on the track? I couldn't really find a good example online, but i understand what you mean bud (y)

Don't mean to double post (n) But i can't edit posts on my phone (n)
I just wanted to mention: By 'grid look' do you mean strip it down and make the car, well, look like it should be on the track? I couldn't really find a good example online, but i understand what you mean bud (y)

That's the one bud, its a small scene atm, which is why it is a better route than just plain Euro; something a bit different from the norm :)

That's the one bud, its a small scene atm, which is why it is a better route than just plain Euro; something a bit different from the norm :)

Ahh thats why! I personally think it looks awesome (looking from the picture of that Clio :yuck:)

So grids just really, take all the sh*t you don't need from your car and paint all the fancy bits the same colour? ETC, White Car with Red alloys? I think it looks awesome!

Anyways, managed to get some spray paint and mask from the weekend, gonna spray up the steelies while im find some decent alloys, also stickerbombed my door handles :p

Pictures later tonight (y)

Back