Barbara_s_Panda_4x4_004.jpg

Panda (Classic) Barbara's Panda 4x4.

Introduction

My Partner Barbara has finally got her own Panda.

It's a 1990 4x4 in a lovely light blue metalic. New wheels and tyres were added today, new tan interior, engine upgrade, and chunkier tyres to come soon.

Not so much fun is a gearbox overhaul. :(

Thanks Guys, I thought you'd like this one.

Where are you finding all these?? Looks lovely vern.

It was a combination of lucky coincidence and bit of effort on my part, but I can't give away all my secrets Kev. ;)

Do not post any more V
You find pandas that I can only dream over here
Looking

Thanks Rele, it might seem like the UK is awash with lovely Pandas but I can assure you most are far worse than yours. On here we are all enthusiasts so we're always looking at the top end of the population, and yours is definately top end. (y)

All I can say Vern is
"I'd be your partner for that one"

:ROFLMAO: No offence David, I love you as a fellow Panda fan and all that, but if you started making advances I'd give you one just to make you go away. ( :eek: A Panda That is ). :p

Vern
Definitely a touch of 'tongue in cheek' with your reply.
I'm still happily married,just.
I just lust after better Pandas than mine, and boy have you got one, or two or three or.................................................!
Dave

Well, as the thread title says, this is Barbara's :)

I think of mine more as stock these days, even more so when I finally start selling the bl**dy things, and I don't want to deal in rubbish. Trouble is I keep thinking of things I want to do to them. :(

Oh here that's lovely. Looks to be in excellent condition. "Erm, :idea: I love you to,,,,,,, can I have that one and I'll go away.:D

Seriously though, it is a beauty and good health to enjoy.

:chin:I fancy another 4x4.

sorry, should had wrote, i have seen a edition panda on ebay, not after barbara`s panda :) the more we keep on the road the better! :worship:
sergio could be next....after the bill for the fiat 130! :eek:

I'm still confused :confused::confused::confused: :p

Seriously though, it is a beauty and good health to enjoy.

Thanks Stuart (y). It has turned out to be even better than I had hoped, running a very close second to my blue clx.
Never been welded and 39,000 on the clock, but it does have a little rust bubbling on the passenger door and the carpet's ruined by having white paint spilt over it.

sorry, should had wrote, i have seen a edition panda on ebay, not after barbara`s panda :) the more we keep on the road the better! :worship:
sergio could be next....after the bill for the fiat 130! :eek:

Pink is it??...

Suits you Brian, and it goes with your eyes! :p

If it twas ye olde Pink Panda you're interested in, I might be able to look at it for you - have a friend in Cheltenham & need to go over this week for work. I'd want to know what was under those seat covers for starters as you can't easily replace the originals if they're shot. (y)

Gavin.

Thought I may have found an easy fix for Barbara's noisey gearbox. When I looked underneath I noticed alot of oil around the n/s inner cv boot, Ha! maybe it's just that the gearbox is low on oil?
So I renewed the cv boot today, I'll give brief run down of how I do it in case it helps anybody.......

I remove the driveshaft and hub as a unit with the track control arm and tie bar attached. Once the brake caliper is tied out of the way (hose still connected) it's a simple matter of undoing bolts to take off the rest of the assembly, I do it this way because there's no need to split ball joints or undo big tight hub nuts.

The triple bearing taps off after removing the circlip, then you can lever the boot off the bearing with a screwdriver.

The L/H boot (top one in pic.) is different to the R/H boot so make sure you get the correct one.

If you've ever wondered how the steel straps are fitted this is the tool. Cable ties have made this job very easy but if you want an original look you really need to use the steel straps. This tool is the only way to get sufficient tension on the straps, you feed it through the cutter at the front of the tool and then through a slot in the back shaft. You wind up the back shaft to tighten the strap, once it's tight enough you bend the strap back on itself to about 90' then turn the front shaft to cut it to length. Then it's a case of flattening the end right back on itself and bending in the little tabs to lock it.

Job done, well once you've done the strap at the big end anyway. I refilled the gearbox with 20/50 engine oil and took it for a run, still noisy :(, not as bad but not good enough so time for plan 'B'.........

Speaker upgrade :)

The bearings need replacing, especially on the first motion shaft so a gearbox rebuild is still on the cards. Ah well, at least I'll be able to clean it properly :p

:cool: yes! the pink panda,
gavin, if you are going over to cheltham would be great if you could lookat the panda, only have red/pink eyes after doing the n.e.c. weekend :eek:

emailed the pink panda owner re the seats; reply;seats are grubby, and "fraying" of the drivers bolster, (would need the services of a upholster then?) :eek:
ps, sorry to hijack barbara`s thread,

Back