boot14.JPG

500 Nipster - 500TA Lounge in Volare Blue

Introduction

Here are some pictures of the latest addition to our clan, "Nipster" -- a 0.9 TwinAir Lounge 500 in Volare Blue. He's got just about 1500 miles on the clock now, and IMHO is just beginning to settle in (y)

Here are some "glamour shots" at the local park:

And here he is, hauling 2 trolleys' worth of food from the supermarket:

In the words of Father Jack: "Oi loves moi Nipster!" (y) (y)
Here are some pictures of the latest addition to our clan, "Nipster" -- a 0.9 TwinAir Lounge 500 in Volare Blue. He's got just about 1500 miles on the clock now, and IMHO is just beginning to settle in (y)

Here are some "glamour shots" at the local park:

And here he is, hauling 2 trolleys' worth of food from the supermarket:

In the words of Father Jack: "Oi loves moi Nipster!" (y) (y)

Congratulations on the new motor. It looks great. Great to see a car getting properly used with all that shopping. Enjoy.(y)

That's my car minus the stripe (y)

Just curious - did you have to request climate control or is that just how it came as standard? Also, did the twinair badge come with the car?

Last edited:
Thanks, all :)

The Twinair badge is an after-market addon by me, courtesy of yesbuddy (y)

The climate control is just how the car arrived -- I am guessing this is standard now on the Lounges. Nipster has ESP, however, so I'm not sure whether that is to do with it.

I love the stripe :D Makes him easy to find in car parks! But that Volare Blue is a great colour, huh? :cool:

Thanks, all :)

The Twinair badge is an after-market addon by me, courtesy of yesbuddy (y)

The climate control is just how the car arrived -- I am guessing this is standard now on the Lounges. Nipster has ESP, however, so I'm not sure whether that is to do with it.

I love the stripe :D Makes him easy to find in car parks! But that Volare Blue is a great colour, huh? :cool:

ESP is specified as a separate option to Climate - they would not be interlinked. If you have an ASC button down by the gear stick left of the mic then you have it.
New regulations come in effect from the last November in relation to the supply of cars coming standard with ESP. Have seen nothing about the 500 getting ESP as standard though.

Looks great (y) I tried to encourage my Parents to go with Volare Blue just to be different & whilst they liked it, Dad said he'd feel more comfortable driving a red one, so we've ordered red :rolleyes: I think the white stripe really suits it in blue.

Glad to see yours arrived with Climate Control - we've ordered a TA Lounge & i was hoping the 'ACC' on the configurator wasn't just a mistake, so that looks promising.

Did yours arrive with the TomTom port on the dashboard? It used to be a no-cost option on the configurator but doesn't show on TA Lounges now, so i was curious whether i need to phone the Dealer & ask them to write it on the order form just incase!

Also, did yours come with a space saver spare wheel? I assume they do as there's no option to add it as an extra, but i can't keep up with Fiat & their spec's lately! We've added a few options so i just hope they get it right & don't miss anything off - to be fair it's mostly Puntos i've heard arriving with bits added/missing, not 500s! :eek:

Anyway, here's to many happy TwinAir miles :)

Liam

If you specifically want the ttomtom port I'd get your dealer to specify it on the order... I've read on here that many dealers don't include it and it does need to be specified on the order to make sure you get it. I specced it, even though I don't have one of the tomtoms, but you never know - I might end up getting one so I thought it was better to be prepared as it were...

@JTD_Liam: Thanks! (y) I was looking hard at the Passadoble Red, but one thing that made up my mind was the amount of red you see when driving one. The dash is red. You see red on the outside of the doors, the bonnet, the mirrors if you don't get them chrome... Also, I didn't quite like the way the red went with the dark grey of the dash. Too dark. I found it quite a different experience than looking at a red car from the outside, and decided to go with the blue. I'm still happy with that decision :cool:

To be honest, I'm not so keen on the ACC though :yuck: I miss the old-skool vents and dials! I'm sure I am not using it right, but I find it takes a long time to change the settings -- where you can spin a dial in a fraction of a second with your left hand while driving, pushing a small button 5 times to set the temp or blow speed takes aaages (n) I'll be posting a thread on "ACC tips" soon to see if I am doing it wrong, somehow :eek:

Yes, I got the TomTom port -- was going to see whether I could get a cradle to adapt that to any old satnav, as I personally don't get on well with the TomTom UI :p

Finally, I did indeed get a spacesaver wheel under the boot liner.

Anyway, thanks for your encouragement, and I look forward to seeing your Dad's car on here (y)

@ItalianJob11: Where's that JC quote from? Links, or it didn't happen! :D

The point with auto climate control is that you don't need to twiddle the settings all of the time, because it reacts to conditions such as increasing sunlight, or changes in outside temperature without you having to touch a dial at all.

With manual controls, you're the person who has to make those adjustments.

The point with auto climate control is that you don't need to twiddle the settings all of the time, because it reacts to conditions such as increasing sunlight, or changes in outside temperature without you having to touch a dial at all.

With manual controls, you're the person who has to make those adjustments.

A bit like autopilot and manual flying then! Yes Auto is easier but i am not paying 200 pounds for something that is just in the end of the day lazier and not any better.

Back