cruise_for_heroes_3_modfied_cars_52_.jpg

Grande Punto red t jet (2007) 219bhp.

Introduction

cruise_for_heroes_3_modfied_cars_52_.jpg

here is a picture of my red t-jet taken by fastcar at a recent charity event. you cant really see in the picture but there is a side exit stainless steel exhaust system, that is really the only major modification to the exterior of the car. the other exterior modifications such as the wheels have been based around the standard 17" rims that fiat fitted on the car. all i have had done is to have them powdercoated in black then added red and gold candy flake into them.

under the bonnet the engine has virtually been rebuilt with new parts including uprated turbo,intercooler,plugs,induction,cams,mapping etc.
i had the car put on a rolling road a few months ago and the end result showed the car was producing a shade under 220bhp. there a few other little bits ive got planned for the engine over the coming months and i shall keep you all updated with the progress :)
Re: red t jet (2007) 219bhp

thanks mate loving the colour of yours, don't really see many of the orange ones around where i live. basically the car has gone through a total engine rebuild to compensate for the forge turbo kit that has been put on it. i did set myself a target of 200bhp so was quite a nice suprise when the test results came back.
im looking to fully forge out the internals over the winter months then the guys who tested my car originally reckon she could push anything up to 250bhp :)

ill be putting some more pictures up later on :) ill try and get a good angle of the exhaust. one thing i have to say about the side exit is that although it does make a really nice noise it isnt the most practical thing in the world :p but ahh well :D

What sort of turbo does your engine run on??

There is not way that you are running 219hp on stock injectors..... :rolleyes:

Would love to see more pics, especially one of the HP/Torque graph.

What's this forge turbo kit you're on about? Also which induction and cams do you have?

Not really sure how changing plugs could give the T-Jet more power, the NGK iridium tipped OEM ones are basically as good as you can get, but I'd be interested to know what you've done in a bit more detail.

Would love to see more pics, especially one of the HP/Torque graph.

What's this forge turbo kit you're on about? Also which induction and cams do you have?

Not really sure how changing plugs could give the T-Jet more power, the NGK iridium tipped OEM ones are basically as good as you can get, but I'd be interested to know what you've done in a bit more detail.

+1, would like to see RR results and the list of mods done to obtain 200+ bhp.

+1, would like to see RR results and the list of mods done to obtain 200+ bhp.

+2 i spoke to benpunto over the phone alot when he was doing the engine mods and he never told me about cams. We was trying to sort out the reason why the tjet holds back on power when being tuned. it was down to the 3 sensors and injectors. i made 203bhp and 250lbft will upload rr graph soon when i make my car thread:)

+2 i spoke to benpunto over the phone alot when he was doing the engine mods and he never told me about cams. We was trying to sort out the reason why the tjet holds back on power when being tuned. it was down to the 3 sensors and injectors. i made 203bhp and 250lbft will upload rr graph soon when i make my car thread:)

Have you still got your car? I remember seeing it at that Midz meet in Birmingham and it looked sweet! Can't wait to see the thread

Have you still got your car? I remember seeing it at that Midz meet in Birmingham and it looked sweet! Can't wait to see the thread

Cheers ive still got it but its been of the road since january as my insurance went up from 2200 to 3300 what a joke as im 20 cant believe it. i bought the tjet as i new it was insurance group 6 which is low, drove it for a year spent a arm and leg on it then got nailed when the insurance premiums went up.:mad::mad::mad: anyway i will make a thread i just need to give the car a good clean for some pictures.:)

Very nice, good to see some one take a t-jet to big power.

For another few k piled into the engine, 260bhp is easily achieveable.

Very nice, good to see some one take a t-jet to big power.

For another few k piled into the engine, 260bhp is easily achieveable.

Thanks but its not worth the money in my eyes anythink over 200bhp and you need to go down the forged route and then after all that you will be lucky to see 300bhp. What would you do for 260bhp?

Yeah 200+ is easily achievable with those bits but I'd still like to see proof :cool:

im good friends with ben and nothing on the car has been changed since he sold it as he would of told me since i have the same modifications as his and is only running 180bhp with 211lbs torque and am wanting to get a bit more out of it

it still has the vl36 turbo and it doesnt have different cams it is still running 192 bhp he did however fit a new engine in it about a year ago and put his old map on it but never had it rolling roaded again

i dont mean to be rude but i am sticking up for ben as keiran is trying to pass it as his own work all his done is changed the seats and replaced the pistons with cheapys because the 4th piston cracked

Nice to see the my old car on here kerion!!! im telling all you guys now, it has not got a forge turbo on it, it has a VL36, and it pushed out 198.2bhp and 202ft tourque when i last rolling roaded it myself! Plus standard cams also, si iv herd that the cams for these cars prove very little, but apart from him putting in them buckets seats, he hasn't touched it, and due to the brand new engine i put in the car, it needs a another map to suit the engine :)

Thanks

Ben

Back