SAM_0096.JPG

Panda (Classic) My purple Panda - pic heavy.

Introduction

I had this little beaut' delivered this morning :D
Then i took some pics, maybe a few too many :p

The roofs a little bit worn, but not too bad..

Backbox hanging off.. ;)

Floppy gear leaver, guessing thats a spring gone somewhere..

Why would anyone cut a steering wheel? :confused: I wanted a new one anyway :p

There used to be an alarm there. :p That must be the reason for this..

She needs a few little bits sorting; the cam belt cover is missing, it needs a new airbox, rocker gasket.. a few small 'missing' parts and a major service, but i'm happy :D

Oh and that steering wheel cover has already gone :devil::yuck:
Re: My purple Panda - pic heavy

I've seen your purple panda thread :D
Think i prefer the colour on yours ;) hahah

It's (mechanically and structurally) in very good condition, i don't think the seller had any idea tbh :eek:

Although it had new front disks and pads less than 2k miles ago, i can't see any wear :cool:

Will be a little cracker once you've done a little to it (y).

I've had a split steering wheel in the past so can confirm what Jon says. Replacing it with a better one is a good idea, but if you're thinking of an aftermarket one budget an extra £50 for a hub kit :(.

Thanks guys, i'm wondering what to do about the wheel. I could just wait until a decent Panda wheel turns up for sale, or have a look at a Cinq wheel. If i could find a boss and a good aftermarket wheel was in budget i could be persuaded, but ideally i'd want the Panda to stay standard looking. :)

Wheel see :p

I keep seeing, occasionally, Panda's breaking on ebay. So i'd have to be quick and it may be black and not grey.. but that's an option. I was thinking of a black leather/leatherette cover, but even the face of the wheel is dry and scratched :( Part of me is thinking of finding a Boss and buying a nice aftermarket one :) I don't know what i'll do, it's not urgent. I wouldn't mind a leather Cinq wheel though :cool:

Not really, i've had other things that have taken priority recently :(

But work as cut my hours down to contract so i have a bit more time i guess. :eek: I've been starting her up and moving her about so no worries there. First thing im gonna do is rub the bottom of the doors down and apply kurust, plus i need to find time to source parts.
I've been meaning to buy some ramps, need to get underneath and have a look at the gearbox linkages as it looks like one has sheared off somewhere (I don't trust axle stands :p )

I can't see the car being on the road until next year spring/summer time, so i have a bit of time now to do a few jobs (y)

I had this little beaut' delivered this morning :D
Then i took some pics, maybe a few too many :p

The roofs a little bit worn, but not too bad..

Backbox hanging off.. ;)

Floppy gear leaver, guessing thats a spring gone somewhere..

Why would anyone cut a steering wheel? :confused: I wanted a new one anyway :p

There used to be an alarm there. :p That must be the reason for this..

She needs a few little bits sorting; the cam belt cover is missing, it needs a new airbox, rocker gasket.. a few small 'missing' parts and a major service, but i'm happy :D

Oh and that steering wheel cover has already gone :devil::yuck:

Oh my God! This is one of my favourite Pandas! Stunning!
Congratulations (y)(y)(y)

Thanks guys, i'm wondering what to do about the wheel. I could just wait until a decent Panda wheel turns up for sale, or have a look at a Cinq wheel. If i could find a boss and a good aftermarket wheel was in budget i could be persuaded, but ideally i'd want the Panda to stay standard looking. :)

Wheel see :p

Nice panda!
I have a couple of original steering wheels in decent condition, if needed PM (y)

Back