DSCF0368_Medium_.JPG

Panda my 1.2 panda.

Introduction

Decided on the apparent soon to come death of my '95 Accord aerodeck to downsize to something with slightly -hah!- better fuel economy!

Was looking at second hand pandas but ended up going for something new (so much for never buying a new car!)

I've been quite happy and had nothing but enjoyment out of it over the last month or so the only thing I miss over all the bigger cars I've had before is the boot space but it just means stuff goes in the back seats if needed.

Have installed a 12v socket in the glovebox many thanks to several posters here making that an easy job! I am currently in the middle of installing a car pc which I've had in my last two cars.

Will add the photos of my car from the gallery once I can!

Re: my 1.2 panda

Cheers! Was looking at black ones till I saw this one sitting in the lot, my thoughts were, I'm going for something different why not be *very* different! I'm really happy with it I don't think the colour is too light as to gain "girly" accusations and it makes it easy to spot in car parks!

Between the filthy roads and where I park through the week under a bridge it's hard to keep it clean for more than a couple of days sadly.

Well scored a genuine Fiat grille, brand new off eBay for 99p (okay plus much more in shipping :p) Also changed the plates for ones with the Scot/Euro flags for planned European road trip in August.

I like the look of this grille a lot more plus it might stop the cat that used the last one to climb on the bonnet :mad:

Hopefully getting a switched ignition line sorted soon and can get the car PC bunged in it so lots more photos to come!

"This car was a triumph.....i making a note here, huge success!"

273below will know what im on about lol (y)

"This car was a triumph.....i making a note here, huge success!"

273below will know what im on about lol

haha indeed ;)

I actually thought about it recently I wish I had gone for the cheaper white one would have looked rather good with some large Aperture Labs logos on either side in black across the two doors. But rather happy with the purple.

After a rather annoying epic failure with installing the Car PC I've ended up replacing the standard head unit with a JVC one with iPod/iPhone USB input doesn't look too bad against the grey dash and means my better half can rob the standard CD player for her 2004 panda!

Back in c.2004, a friend in my Honda club installed an in-car PC. I thought that it was a pretty amazing feat!

I know that the new Audi comes with Wi-Fi built-in, but with smartphones being so powerful, is there still the need for a full-on PC in your car?

Having had a car pc in my accord and laguna before that I can say, yes!

Having a seven inch screen for sat nav just makes things so much easier you spend less time lookign at it if you have to as it's clearer and gives you a far better image of the roads around you.

Managing music is also a much simpler task and perhaps the best bit of all which I'm now finding, you don't have to remove your phones case (if fitted), dig out the screen mount and USB cable fit everything then set it up so everything taks to each other!

I probably will have another go at the car PC in the future using one of the nano boards rather than a mini itx but financially and with a road trip through Europe in a months time it made more sense to grab tomtom and a stereo that supported the iPhone that would just work!

Back