IMAG0133black.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) Opinions welcome guys :).

Introduction

i have just refurbed some sporting alloys and i am not sure what colour to spray them, my car is the light blue and i am having trouble picking what colour to go for, so your opinions are welcome:)

here are some photoshoppies, i think i am leaning towards normal silver or gunmetal but i am not sure.

this is silver:

this is gunmetal:

this is black:

this is black with silver highlights:

and this is gunmetal with silver highlights:

all opinions are welcome guys(y)

p.s wheels are from google so ignore the calipers been backwards lol, plus my calipers are getting painted black
Reactions: 04 Banks
Re: Opinions welcome guys :)

Id say either pure white or black with silver highlights, but only if each highlight is exactly the same - do the silver coat then mask up the highlight part and then black coat, lacquer.

Either make a template and cut each highlight out of masking tape or make up the shape in photoshop then get somebody with a vinyl cutter to cut you a batch of them in masking vinyl.

cheers guys, ill leave it a bit and see what the consensus is :)

great tip colin, i was going to do that, i can use the laser cutter at uni so i was going to vinyl it (y) great minds think alike and all that

Can you cut vinyl on a laser cutter? I'd imagine it would be to thin and laser would burn it?

Yeah its ok as long as there is something like card behind it, there is a min setting we use and we even cut paper on it because we are lazy gits lol

White/Silver/Gunmetal.

Nothing else!

Personally, I think the shops with the highlights looks gash, and make the wheels look cheap and tacky. Sorry if this is not your view.

Interesting to see what you'll do to her as my Punto is very similar. Although with sideskirts, cc'd wing mirrors, rear spoiler and tinted light clusters and side indicators.

I'd post a pic, but i haven't got one with everything on!

Will try and get one over the next couple of days if your interested/

Interesting to see what you'll do to her as my Punto is very similar. Although with sideskirts, cc'd wing mirrors, rear spoiler and tinted light clusters and side indicators.

I'd post a pic, but i haven't got one with everything on!

Will try and get one over the next couple of days if your interested/

HER! my punto is of the manly varity lol

Yeah id definitely be interested in a pic, i have had him for a year now but only just got time to fix him up (finished uni:slayer:)

I am starting small at moment, getting wheels done as i have steelies and the tyres are f***ked so i bought these mashed in alloys and have refurbed them.
I am also fixing the interior (seats knackered and has an endless supply of sand in the carpet and doors from the last owner:confused:) and fitting hawk remote locking, then i am wind deflectoring, cc'ing wing mirrors, looking at a spoiler but not sure, i was thinking splitters and mudflaps like colins as i love that look.

I am defo not lowering though i lowered my last punto and had nowt but trouble :( every road out of my town has huge speed bumps, but long story short took my exhaust off lol. i only dropped 45/40 and i did the coke can clearance test and then off it came:confused:

Last edited:

the tally for white is adding up:p

i am not sure about it though, and my girlfriend says she would kill me lol

she says gunmetal and the more i look at it its gets appealing, mind if she had her way it would look like this hahaha

Well i had a look in halfords today and i have bought a rover gunmetal colour and ill get some pics up when they are done, i went for gunmetal as i am going to tint the lights and i think it will look well nice:)

O this is now going to be my progress thread is there anyway to rename/move it so it is correct

Well i had a look in halfords today and i have bought a rover gunmetal colour and ill get some pics up when they are done, i went for gunmetal as i am going to tint the lights and i think it will look well nice:)

O this is now going to be my progress thread is there anyway to rename/move it so it is correct

if you ask a mod nicely they might, report your post though don't go PMing them

Photos, as promised.

What i've done, that you can see in those pictures.

Front and Rear colour coded bumpers, colour coded wing mirrors, Team Heko Wind deflectors, sidekirts, roof spoiler, Sporting Alloys, Front Vinyl Rally Mudflaps, Tinted Side Indicators, Tinted rear clusters, Aero Flat Wipers, Cupra R front splitter.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0300.JPG
    DSC_0300.JPG
    690.6 KB · Views: 274
  • DSC_0298.JPG
    DSC_0298.JPG
    719.1 KB · Views: 264

That is exactly what i had in my mind lol, prob going to end up with indentical cars :p it looks really nice mate, its prob going to be awhile before i get skirts and a spoiler though, i am strapped for cash at the mo, just had to pay for a suit for a stupid wedding lol

What size are the mudflaps as i got some material but i am not sure if it is enough?

Back