KGrHqNhEE1hJbRw7hBNb558yYg_12.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) MK2 Punto :)

Introduction

Thought i better get round to a build thread, been on the site a few months and had my little punto for about 6 month, i got the car totally bog standard with a few things that needed fixing and now all thats out the way with and the winter i got myself a set of alloys to refurb myself got them as below for 47quid there dezent :)

after few weeks of getting tyres sorted, wobbly bolts paint, and new caps etc i got them looking like this.. personally think they look ace!

the tyres on them are 195/50/r15 and there pretty low profile and alot thicker then the standards.Great to drive on mind feel alot more of the road which i like :)
Got her all polished up today wanted her looking smart for her first appearence on the site :), also put on my little decal "neverbeen" for a personal joke towards all the charva's in there corsa's :) let me know what you think. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Neverbeen stickers are getting tacky, overused IMO.

The car looks quite nice, I would colour code it and get some skirts for it and it'll look fantastic! good job so far though :D

what polish did you use?

Thanks :) ahh well i aint seen any them round here so cant say there tacky... but yeah plans... windows tinted at a local profesional place and get one the sun visor stripes, yeah i wouldnt mind colour coding the bumpers... however i don't know if i could paint them from the ones i got on now or would need to get some donor ones from the scrappy, wouldn't mind smoothing them over like the euro style and go for some square plates :).. and yeah the tyres darkener is a defo bud

Aint had an update for a while, just had a nice clean with soem tyre shine and bumper polish... made hell of a difference the bumper polish will be using it again. Next plans will be the windows tinted :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Aint made an update in a while so thought i would take a few pic's after a clean out and wax. Just had the windows done recently along with the sun visor by a local tinters and have the heko wind deflectors on order which should arrive next week some time
IMG-20110814-00172.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG-20110814-00176.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG-20110814-00171.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG-20110814-00171.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG-20110814-00175.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG-20110814-00174.jpg
[/IMG]

Attachments

• IMG-20110814-00171.jpg
    IMG-20110814-00171.jpg
    820.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG-20110814-00172.jpg
    IMG-20110814-00172.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG-20110814-00173.jpg
    IMG-20110814-00173.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG-20110814-00174.jpg
    IMG-20110814-00174.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG-20110814-00176 - Copy.jpg
    IMG-20110814-00176 - Copy.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 19
its a nice first car, i would buy abarth side skirts colour code the bumpers and vynal the roof black. and a stilo frount splitter, other than that its nice mate, i like your suntrip on the frount

Thanks mate, I was considering getting the bonnet wrapped for one my next plans.. never thought about the roof if i am honest but could look into it, i fancy getting angel eyes next either that or the fk coilovers but could work out paying 200 and odd quid for 30mm as i live around loads of speedbumps and am unsure how much i could get away with

First check that your insurance will insure you for lowering before even buying springs. And personally i cant see much of a difference when lowered 35mm but some can so im opting for 50mm springs next month and will hopefully still be able to get over speed bumps, just go slower and swerve over them so one wheel hits first then the other, ive seen slammed (and i mean, slammed) polos and golfs do this just outside work and with no scraping at all

Hmm yeah true but i thought if you swap to springs you have to change the absorbers also and by time you have done this your reaching the price level of bottom end coilovers, and yeah the insurance bleed me dry anyway with being 18 so will be no change there then. I will have to keep an eye on your thread to see how you get on as it will be a few month before i get round to it, want the bumpers coded and angel eyes before i go down that route. :)

Hmm yeah true but i thought if you swap to springs you have to change the absorbers also and by time you have done this your reaching the price level of bottom end coilovers, and yeah the insurance bleed me dry anyway with being 18 so will be no change there then. I will have to keep an eye on your thread to see how you get on as it will be a few month before i get round to it, want the bumpers coded and angel eyes before i go down that route. :)
Well it depends, 35mm i wouldnt bother at all and 50mm only if your shocks are knackered or getting there. Yeah my insurance was bad at that age but im 20 now and its just over 700 at the moment, not sure what there gonna say about the 50mm springs though. Personally i wouldnt go for the cheap coilovers because they generally are rubbish but you can look out for second hand ones cheap like ive done with the springs. Ive got 50mm spax springs and they only cost me £40 lol and there a lot more expensive new and they look brand new and havnt covered many miles at all. Good thing about my sporting is its got colour coded bumpers, spoiler and skirts (y)

Hmm yeah all keep an eye on ebay and that, yeah i know im considering keeping the front bumper black after i smoothed it mind think it will match with the black alloys and possibly wrap the bonnet either that or debadge it, would defo want the back bumper colour coded mind.

Back