frontedit.jpg

Grande Punto My Multijet Sporting :)

Introduction

Had my new Punto about six weeks now :)

sidedit.jpg
rearedit.jpg
frontedit.jpg

Managed to pick it up with 29k on the clock and top spec including climate control, sunroof, bluetooth etc.

Not too many plans at the moment, looking into the possibility of a remap/tuning box and I would like to upgrade the lights when I get chance.
Sorry they should be expandable. I wasn't allowed to set the first post as expandable due to a lack of posts :p

fair enough lol. cars looking good (y) looks like its in perfect condition! you got any plans for it? get that Woodleigh's sticker off as well :p

Last edited:
Sticker is coming off ASAP :p

Not many plans for now, looking at a TMC box within the next month or so. Just changed the bulbs over in the headlamps for some nicer looking ones.

Next job is to transfer my private plate and get the TMC box sorted out.

I want it properly detailed as well but I am considering getting all the gear myself and learning the hard way. So tempting to just pay somebody else to do it but I will never learn that way. It has quite a few stone chips on the bonnet I want looking at but they are not noticeable at a distance.

I have noticed :)

Does anybody else find the GP gets dirty quickly too?

I am not sure if it is the shape but my Mk1 Focus used to stay clean for ages after a proper wash (water used to run right down the sides and clean most of the crap off) whereas the lower sides especially on the GP get filthy so quickly.

Seem to spend hours cleaning it. Might give it a rewax next time and add some gloss finish so that hopefully I just need to rinse it next time.

i've got a white gp, so yes i have DEFINITELY noticed how quickly it gets dirty! :( can't wait for summer when it just stays clean for weeks! :D i think you should give the detailing a go yourself. if you buy all the stuff at least you'll be able to use it again, so it will be a lot cheaper than paying for it to be done professionally. my cars covered in stonechips as well, i hate it :( the bonnet is a right state!

Lovely mate. It seems my car has a twin that also came from Woodleigh. Do you mind if I ask how much you paid? i also find mine gets bloody filthy, I think it's the colour though, it doesn't hide dirt too well. And don't get me started on stone chips. I bought all the stuff to detail my car properly, it's just a shame it take forever to do it, but the results are good... on the few panels I managed do get done :/

It was on the forecourt at 7.5k but paid 6.5k taxed, serviced and tested. You?

Yes it looks similar. Great spec with climate control etc. The only things missing were cruise control and leather but to be honest the state of the leather in a few others that's probably not a bad thing! It had 29k on the clock when I picked it up (Oct 2007 registered).

Last edited:
Mine was on the forecourt at £8999 with 0% interest, but I printed off the autotrader advert which was an "internet special" at £6999 although this was at 5% interest, it works out at similar prices :/ I wasn't brilliant at haggling although I got £1200 for my Astra which he originally offered £800 or something like that, I can't quite remember.
Anyway, I got it oil'd and filter'd (although this seems confined to literally just oil and oil filter) MOT'd with 2 new tyres as they failed the MOT, and the wheels touched up but that soon all fell off.

Mine has climate, sky dome, cruise, I didn't want the leather ones either due to the shocking wear, and it had about 38k on the clocks on a 56 plate bought on 21st dec 2009. I keep seeing other people buying them and thinking I got ripped off :(

That sounds about right, you got yours 12months before me and yours is about 12months older. I am doing the same finance option as you, put 2k down as a deposit and taking 4490 over 4 years but should have it paid off in 2. Total payable over 4 years would be about 7600 including what I put down. The 0% had two settlement payments of £155 so would have been 7800 over 4 years.

I am really happy, I am only 21 so its a really nice car :) Wondering how thorough my service was based on your oil and filter description, anything they missed I should take a look at whilst in my three months?

Mine was sat during winter so has a little creek which I am hoping will go away at the back and I have had to take a nice layer of rubbish off the brake discs since I bought it lol. Made them aware of the creek so I will take it back down if it doesn't go away in the next month.

The easiest thing to check would be your air filter, mine was absolutley minging when I serviced it last week, which leads me to believe it wasn't done when I bought it. :/ as too was the pollen filter, infact the cover wasn't even porperly fitted. They did fix my brakes for me when I took it back, as one brake was sticking, causing poor performance as well as a dangerous problem due to the ABS thinking it needed to kick in even though I wasn't braking.

Back