1204.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) Got a picture of the car up. Hit me with the styling ideas!

Introduction

This is similar to my previous post, but this time I have a picture of my Punto, Got any good ideas ?

I've got 17s so far but im not putting anything on the car until I have all my bits :)

If your gonna comment on 17s Please don't I realise now they might not suit due to the fact they are too big. I have bought them now nothing really I can do :p

Thanks

Heres the picture:

So far I want to remove the front and back Fiat badges and the active badges at the sides. Is this easy done ?

This is what happens when you Polish it up :)
1204.jpg

2133.jpg

Ignore the stickers, I was bored and the Alpine one came from my Sub.
the active badges are just stuck on as is the punto badge at the back mate, few ways of gettin them off. I used warm water and a bank card to take mines off. just used a sponge dipped it in the water held it on the badge for a minute or so then SLOWLY and CAREFULLY used the bank card to prise them off. Might get some excess glue left just used a tiny bit of petrol on a rag then washed it off straight away and ot worked okay. As for the rear fiat badges pretty sure on the mk2b you have to fill the holes sand and spray with that badge mate.

Personally id take the punto badge and alpine sticker off to if your planning on taking off the fiat badge.

Nice looking car though mate :)

to add to the above post, removing the rear fiat badge will take a little more prep than the guide will tell ya. although the guide will tell ya how to remove the active/punto badges, the fiat one is sitting in a recess. to debadge that, ur looking at welding a metal plate to fill most the recess, then filling/sanding/priming/painting/lacquering/cutting paste and polish so there a bit more to it.
c/coding the mirrors/doorhandles looks a bit better so may be worth thnking about. tinting the rear light cluster looks good and of course tinting windows.

edit: ok, not the above post, the one above that. lol

Last edited:
If the Active model was originally available from Fiat with optional alloys they most likely wont affect the insurance. So go and get some Fiat alloys from a breakers. Sportings and Stilos look nice.

If you fit the 17s dont "forget" to tell the insurance as the car will be uninsured - "All material facts must be declared". Its probably way cheaper to put them on ebay and take the ££s hit.

17s will also look odd on standard spring/ride height (cue even more sniggers from the underwriters).

Last edited:
I have now took the side active badges off and back punto badge, I also took the Alpine and reg vardy stickers off. Looks better but atm the weather is ****, no point in taking pics i'll get them up when the temperature goes up.

Looks like you have a pretty good base to start a good project on. What i would do with it is (insurance knowing about all this and if its affordable) slam it on its arse, rear 3 windows tinted, rear lights tinted and side repeaters, get a sporting rear bumper/Full Abarth kit including spoiler, black out the headlights(maybe angel eyes but never seen them on a mk2b so not sure about that) remove bump strips on the side, colour code handles and mirrors and get your alloys on. And thats about all i can think of so far (y)

Looks like you have a pretty good base to start a good project on. What i would do with it is (insurance knowing about all this and if its affordable) slam it on its arse, rear 3 windows tinted, rear lights tinted and side repeaters, get a sporting rear bumper/Full Abarth kit including spoiler, black out the headlights(maybe angel eyes but never seen them on a mk2b so not sure about that) remove bump strips on the side, colour code handles and mirrors and get your alloys on. And thats about all i can think of so far (y)

PUNTO PROJECT:

The first thing on my head is insurance, once I've got an idea of how much the insurance will cost thats when the real work begins, that is if it begins.

So far I have done pretty much nothing, just silly things such as got chrome registration plate holder, RS Chrome wiper blades and removed the active badges and punto badge from the back.[/CENTER]

The next steps are:

- Front Grill, I think Im going for the one on www.stxstyling.co.uk (Not 100% sure yet)
- 3 rear windows tinted to the max legal tint.
- Wind Deflectors for the front 2 windows.
- www.fiatforum.com decal for front 2 windows :slayer:
- Paint my callibors red
- Fit my Dezent 17s
- Getting scratches sorted possibly a respray (My mates a spray painter to trade :D) Keeping it metallic black.

--------------------

If the insurance aint super high:

- Front and rear Abarth bumpers + Side Skirts :D
- Lowered to its arse, with a possible problem that I live in estate with horrible bumps (I'll think of somthing ;))
- A nice chrome exhaust

And also might add some decals at the end. As for the audio side of things I'm happy with my Sony Head Unit and Aline sub 12".

Im going to keep uploading photos onto this page as my project comes along, once xmas is out the way i'll get pics of the car just now and underneath them write the plans, feel free flame or like :p

Back