IMAG0147.jpg

Grande Punto My Grande GP MultiJet

Introduction

Had her just over a week. Not the best pics in the world but welcome any comments.

I was like that when I got mine last december, tried to get home, got a bit scared as I had had her ONE day so I left her in a car park and walked home hahahaha. wouldn't be doing that now though, they are so predicatble at slow speeds in the snow, I've been flinging mine around my dads car park thing today :) haha

I brought mine from Chesterfield, Woodleigh of Chesterfields, had a letter of them today actually about a service =/ I'm in no rush to drive the 2 hours in snow for 20% off =) I'll vouch for the hills tho. Woodleigh lent me a corsa while my brakes were being fixed =/ I nearly sent it off a cliff =/ scared the hell out of me =!

Oh dear.....

I got mine from Woodleigh to mate. Very nice people as far as dealers go! Sorted a decent deal and couldnt be more helpful with the few issues I had. Bought a Seicento off them about 10 years ago too. I will definately go back especially now I seem to have the Fiat bug back again!

Hows the tuning box going power and economy wise?

Power wise its great to be honest. Much more pull in 2nd and 3rd than without it and overtaking in 5th is now an absolute doddle. Cruising at 50, foot down and your soon past the car in front. Im very impressed to say I'm only running a 1.3 Diesel.

I havent noticed any real difference in economy to be fair. If there has been a difference I would say it has dropped a touch but would blame that on the novelty of using the extra power and flooring it more often!(y)

Overall I would recommend the box.

Very good. I have considered one but I think I'm going go for the remap tbh. That's if i can afford after the full month of a service i have planned

Well remember the box is only £100 at the mo so will be significantly cheaper than the map especially if you have an expensive month! I like that it can be taken off in 5 minutes in case you need to and also the fact that you can remove it gives it resale value. It also cost me the princely sum of zero pounds and zero pence to add it to my insurance which in this day in age was a BIG surprise!!(y)

I meant 'full monty' of a service... Damn stupid phone.
Well the remap is exactly double the price and how on earth did you manage that then? When i asked about remaps he thought i meant uprated fuel pump :S silly man

If you mean how did I manage to get the insurance then I didnt really do anything! Just rang up to ask how much it would be if I added the box, the guy went away for a minute, came back and said no charge! I was shocked!

Brilliant did he not ask about gains? How did you describe it and who are you with?

He didnt ask a great deal to be honest. I just described it as a digital tuning box, exactly as its described by TMC and that was it! I dont think he knew what it was as he had to go away and consult with someone else but he didnt come back with any further questions. I rang up a second time when it actually arrived and was fitted and there were no further questions again. Im with Hastings Direct mate.

Back