DSC009083.JPG

Punto (Mk2/2b) My build thread - Punto mk2 5dr

Introduction

Just thought id start a build thread for my car, seeing as not much work is being done on 5drs. I got given this car as a Birthday/passing my test gift, and cant really afford to move up to anything with a bigger engine until im a bit older! Im getting raped by the insurance as it is! Anyway, the car is a Punto mk2 Active 1.245 and was purchased as standard.
DSC009083.JPG

I have since done a few small things whilst i get the money to start some big mods.
-De-badged back
-Removed rub strips
-Smoked side repeaters
-Led sidelights
-Led interior light
-new headunit/component speakers/6x9's/sub
DSC009203.JPG

DSC010041.JPG

DSC010471.JPG

Mods to be completed:
-Deep dish alloys
-Coilover suspension
-Sports exhaust
-induction kit
-147 interior - Coming on thursday!!
-Smooth bumpers

Just started taking my seats out ready for my new alfa 147's, the front seats are on 4 hex bolts and were pretty easy to get out with a
ratchet, heres a pic without the passenger seat.
DSC010482.JPG

Ill take more as i put the seats in!
Yeah i had a look at yours, reckon you could do a how to for the back seats?
They are the black full leather ones, were meant to come today but havent arrived yet :(

oh yea i just noticed lol.

front seats are a straight fit, have you wired in the heaters for them?

rear seats have a 'bulgy' bit under them that collides with the metal part where they lie. (you'll understand when you see them) and that 'bulgy' bit i managed to remove with a grinder!

also, theres a a rear seat support (holds up the seats that sit upright) i think i got someone to weld this in place for me and the clips that fit into the seat fixators clipped right in.

its hard work so wish you the best of luck lol.

thanks,
Carl.

well i plan on wiring the heaters in, need to have a proper look into it though, ill probs do it through the fuse box, if i use an in-line fuse and it blows i can see it being a pain to locate and replace once i have concealed the wiring :p
They were meant to arrive today, but they haven't come yet, after a phone call with the guy i bought them off, he said they should have been with me today, and hes going to get onto the courier tomorrow :)

Nice, I have a 52 plate 5dr punto in the same colour =D

Not done much to it yet, colour coded the wing mirrors, handles to come as well as debadge and smooth side.

Have angel eyes in and smoked rear lights. Carputer almost built in. Alloys next. i love the deep dish look but not sure if it'll be a bit ott

(y)

Yo how did you get on with the back seats and tips, instuctions or pics because Im doing this to my punto at the moment and are stuc on the rear seats.

Cheers

Back