DSC0003612.JPG

Punto (Mk2/2b) My mk2 punto sporting.

Introduction

Heres when i 1st got it:

Bought it with a loud noise coming from the engine that could only be heard from the inside, turned out to be an engine mount which i replaced at a cost of £30 including a spare wheel never been used and some fuses, had some bad earths (usual punto problems)

Then removed the bump strips

C/C door handles:

Painted calipers red (which now regret)

tinted side windows:

Then moved on to smoothing my bumpers

Primer flatted off

Final coat of paint:

End result not too bad considering ive had no previous experiance of using filler or spraying.

Then was the mirrors as i had the yellow mixed already:

Plan is to smooth everything, Already have my boot in primer all de locked and badges, will upload pic when i can and have the front bumper off already.

thanks for looking let me know what you think cheers.
Re: My mk2 punto sporting

Looking good mate(y) good future plan too, would say drop it tho and maybe some mk2b rear lights and your almost there

Cheers yeah will defo slam it on coilies and look at getting some deep dish rims, was looking at mk2b lights cheapest 50 quid which thought was bit steep for just getting rid of the orange lense but will happen one day.

mate your car is looking good! How hard was it smoothing the bumpers and wiper and spraying because ive never used filler or sprayed anything like this before
did you tint back windows yourself or get it done by the pros?

mate your car is looking good! How hard was it smoothing the bumpers and wiper and spraying because ive never used filler or sprayed anything like this before
did you tint back windows yourself or get it done by the pros?

Thanks very much, means i haven't wasted hours of sanding down in the garage lol, smoothing was a pain found it easier using sand paper and a block rather than a sander, spraying was fun 1st time i had used a spray gun rather than a rattle can much easier and used alot less paint and as for the rear windows i tinted the sides but failed twice on the rear lol thinking of ripping it all out anyway tbh thanks for the comments. :D

Thanks very much, means i haven't wasted hours of sanding down in the garage lol, smoothing was a pain found it easier using sand paper and a block rather than a sander, spraying was fun 1st time i had used a spray gun rather than a rattle can much easier and used alot less paint and as for the rear windows i tinted the sides but failed twice on the rear lol thinking of ripping it all out anyway tbh thanks for the comments. :D
If you dont mind me asking what equipment did you use? like spray gun and filler? because im wanting to do this but im afraid that im gonna fail at it and have to end up buying a new bumper then paying to get it sprayed by the pros and just wasting a **** load of money that i cant afford to waste tbh, i think im gonna tint my back windows either this week or next but probably just the back 2 not the rear window unless i make a good job of the other 2 lol (y)

If you dont mind me asking what equipment did you use? like spray gun and filler? because im wanting to do this but im afraid that im gonna fail at it and have to end up buying a new bumper then paying to get it sprayed by the pros and just wasting a **** load of money that i cant afford to waste tbh, i think im gonna tint my back windows either this week or next but probably just the back 2 not the rear window unless i make a good job of the other 2 lol (y)

I used a devilbiss spray gun, aldis compressor which is 69.99 and comes with about 40 quids worth of kit (including a spray gun) not devilbiss tho lol :p and i used upol easy sand. Tbh if you have never had any experience and am worried about wasting money i wouldnt go for it as it can go very wrong perhaps just spray the bump strips? As for tinting the windows, The sides can be done easily enough but i couldnt do the rear for the love of god even with the boot on my kitchen table, have been qouted £60 for the rear to be done.

Nice work man!

Im rear looks bad now :(

I was changing the lock colour the lazy way and spilt some grey primer and now it looks bad :(

Did it take a long time taking off the door handles? Im thinking of doing the same.

Nice work man!

Im rear looks bad now :(

I was changing the lock colour the lazy way and spilt some grey primer and now it looks bad :(

Did it take a long time taking off the door handles? Im thinking of doing the same.

Lol always do it the right way it will only come back and bite you :p Id say the handles took me about half hour each to get off, hardest part was unclipping the little metal arm that connects to the handles its self.

Thanks for the comments (y)

Looks good, what kind of paint have you used?

Have you used a cutting agent or is that straight from the gun finish?

Been doing a bit more playing this week and ended up with this (y)

DSC011752.JPG

Tbh i didnt think it was anywhere near ready for primer but was bored so primed it and it actually came out alot better than i thought it would. :D

DSC011801.JPG

DSC011781.JPG

let me know what you think :D

Back