CIMG1460.JPG

Punto (Mk2/2b) Mk2 Punto Sporting styling

Introduction

Al rite folks, whats the criac?

Been a while since a have been on here, bought a supersprint manifold and abarth pedals of phill_11 a couple weeks back. Just need to get around to fitting them, finishing uni at the minute and dont have the time. However done a few things in the last months,

Punto mk2 sporting 21000 miles purchased 04/08/09

31000 miles update:

New clutch
New gear box oil
Oil changed 10/50w oil
Modified pipercross viper induction kit to include cam carrier breather.
De-vinyled bpillar
Debaged boot+ deleted rubstrips
Purchased "Fiat Punto Mk2 99-03 ICC Front Spoiler - PUR"
Purchased Jetex 200cell sports catalyst (stainless steel)
Lamba boss reparir tube and two clamps
Lamba boss and plug
Quikshift Chequer Plate Footwells Punto Mk2
Magnecor KV85 Ignition Leads for Fiat Punto Mk2 Sporting
FIAT PUNTO 1.2 16v NGK SPARK PLUGS
FIAT PUNTO II / III 99-on BOOT MAT / LINER ANTI SLIP

New Clutch:

CIMG2138.JPG

Before shot:

CIMG1972.JPG

Manifold and pedals

Splitter:

CIMG2152.JPG

200 cell sports cat

CIMG2160.JPG

Going to drop the car off 2morro morning to the bodyshop to get the car tied up getting a full respray and things done.

Will post photos when i get it back.

Current supersprint exhaust:

CIMG1474.JPG

CIMG1475.JPG

CIMG1460.JPG
hey can i ask something m8 ? wr did you get that splitter ? the lips for the bumper cant find any :(

Try absmotorsport, they do a couple of different ones,

http://www.absmotorsport.net/index.php/fiat/punto2/punto2-sports-front-spoiler.html

^ thats the one i have in the picture

or body-kit.co.uk,

http://www.body-kit.co.uk/product.php/1991/670/fiat-punto-mk2-99-03-icc-front-spoiler-pur

quote "A PUR Injection Moulded Front Bumper Spoiler for the Fiat Punto 2.
Made by ICC Tuning in Europe, Complete with Fittings."

"PURIM (Polyurethane Reaction Injection Moulding)
Basically, Polyurethane black foam but made flexible rather than allowed to harden. Large parts, such as bumpers and side skirts, can be moulded in this manner. A very tough and durable material."

I bought it due to the material, fitting and styling. Will last alot longer than cheap fiberglass/plastic splitters and take damage better.:)

sweet!! cant wait for pics then :LOL: as i own a black punto

btw edit :

how will that fit ? just put tiger silicone and thats it or you need to drill and stuff ? ax i cant see any holes or something on ur pic mate

Last edited:
sweet!! cant wait for pics then :LOL: as i own a black punto

btw edit :

how will that fit ? just put tiger silicone and thats it or you need to drill and stuff ? ax i cant see any holes or something on ur pic mate

Yeah there is a lip that fits over the grill bit and the sides fit over the covers of the bumper. Then its two screws underneath into the bumper and seal it up.

Been on the phone to the bodyshop guy and he said the car would be ready 2morro evening!!!!!

Happy days been without my car for 2 and a half weeks lol i miss her. I will post photos 2morro nite, looking forward to seeing what it looks like.:D

Did those pedals fit, only they look like the ones i bought from parts world they are left hand drive ones. Right hand drive ones don't have the black rubber centre on the accelerator pedal.;)

the accelerator pre drilled hole lined up with the supporting rod behind the pedal which you can't drill through and its not advisable to drill to far into it tbh, Dont think it would be much fun if you pedal snapped in the middle of you driving it.

But sounds good overall mate, but it would be intresting to know how you got on or get on pedal wise, but seriously dont drill through that support behind the pedal(y)

Did those pedals fit, only they look like the ones i bought from parts world they are left hand drive ones. Right hand drive ones don't have the black rubber centre on the accelerator pedal.;)

the accelerator pre drilled hole lined up with the supporting rod behind the pedal which you can't drill through and its not advisable to drill to far into it tbh, Dont think it would be much fun if you pedal snapped in the middle of you driving it.

But sounds good overall mate, but it would be intresting to know how you got on or get on pedal wise, but seriously dont drill through that support behind the pedal(y)

Aye i am pretty sure they fit alrite I got some M8 bolts for they and there are to hole behind the rubber, so sudn;t have to drill the support bit hopefully.

Some pics taken early on,

Front:
CIMG2230.JPG

Debadged Bonnet:
CIMG2231.JPG

Front spiltter:
CIMG2232.JPG

Side view:

CIMG2233.JPG

Arse:Delocked:
CIMG2234.JPG

Shiney:
CIMG2235.JPG

Front again:

CIMG2243.JPG

Bpillar:
CIMG2245.JPG

Ride height with spilter:
CIMG2248.JPG

God bless speed bumps::eek:
CIMG2250.JPG

Bye Bye Bootlock:

CIMG2252.JPG

Some new wipers fitted 2day:
CIMG2254.JPG

Nearly finished/ the way she is now:

CIMG2257.JPG

Feel free to comment lol

I like that a lot, body and engine wise. Nice to see someone doing their own mods and not relying on a forum for advice :)

Although it would be twice the car with some 50mm lower springs, sits really high at the moment.

I like that a lot, body and engine wise. Nice to see someone doing their own mods and not relying on a forum for advice :)

Although it would be twice the car with some 50mm lower springs, sits really high at the moment.

Thanks man, does need lowered, but need to save some money for lowering springs, happy with the work done thoguh.

Back