2010-04-10_14_20_38.jpg

Punto Evo My Punto evo GP.

Introduction

I've just went to see what was happening with the car this morning and it had arrived :D .I won't be able to pick it up until tuesday since it has to "go through the system" . I wanted to wait until it was all polished etc until I put photos on here but I couldnt contain myself lol.

So here it is...

P.s. When i get it on tuesday and I give a good clean etc i'll upload more pics

2010-04-10_14_21_01.jpg

2010-04-10_14_20_38.jpg

2010-04-10_14_20_49.jpg
Re: My Punto evo GP

Very nice! :)

Yeah they need to register it, then some lazy fat useless **** *** **** ****** person has to check it over to make sure its in perfect condition.... and on weekends there valeting crew etc go home so cars don't really move. (or at-least, at my dealership that's the setup)

P.s, the person who "checked" my car, didn't check **** but still made me wait an extra day while he checked it! (it had an obvious paint defect [fixed])

I was really hoping to take it home straight away lol, but yeah you're right, thats why I have to wait until tuesday. I turned the electrics on and it was all in italian aswell.

Hopefully it will all be in good nick for tuesday, because i'm desperate to have it :)

One thing I'm not happy about though is the fact I ordered it with a spare wheel and it doesnt have one :(

I was really hoping to take it home straight away lol, but yeah you're right, thats why I have to wait until tuesday. I turned the electrics on and it was all in italian aswell.

Hopefully it will all be in good nick for tuesday, because i'm desperate to have it :)

One thing I'm not happy about though is the fact I ordered it with a spare wheel and it doesnt have one :(

Italian :eek: lol

Well if you've paid for the spare bring it up with em, its no problem to drop in the boot area, so its not a big deal as long as you don't knacker a wheel in the first week or so :p

I've noticed that the EVO has some exposed colour in the front wheel arch but the Grande doesn't. As you have white it's obvious compared to a black car

I've ordered white too and after seeing yours I've sooo made a good choice though!

Only thing I'd have different is the side strip black, to match the front and rear bumper inserts. Looks odd to me. But it's all personal opinion (y)

Love the wheels though, wish mine came with them :mad:

I also am sooooo getting a rear spoiler and side skirts after lookig at yours too.

Nice car :cool:

EDIT: The black on the rear lights really contrast the white of the car too, looks really good

Last edited:

Just picked the car up today, and I must say, I'm very impressed.

Heres some extra pictures I took as soon as I got home.

The tail pipe should hopefully dull down a bit after time, haha seems very shiny.
2010-04-13_18_56_14.jpg
2010-04-13_18_56_32.jpg
2010-04-13_18_56_02.jpg
]

i don't like the color in gray or black it will become much prety but an Cool car BTW !! :p

I had planned to get my Eleganza looking like GP (i.e side skirts / spoiler / chrome exhaust) but now im thinking its just going to cost too much, might do bits now & then though.

I had planned to get my Eleganza looking like GP (i.e side skirts / spoiler / chrome exhaust) but now im thinking its just going to cost too much, might do bits now & then though.

Hopefully in a few months there'll be some aftermarket stuff that comes out. It will most likely be alot cheaper than the fiat stuff, so that could be an option. All though I can never put much trust in aftermarket quality, but their is some good accessories etc out their.

Great looking car mate! Go give it a polish and wax (y)

How is the GP version different to the normal evo?

The GP is a model in the range ... eg

Active - Bottom of the range
Dynamic - middle spec
GP - A cheaper alternative to the sporting
Eleganza - Highest equipped comfort option
Sporting - All sporty and relatively well equipped

The GP is a model in the range ... eg

Active - Bottom of the range
Dynamic - middle spec
GP - A cheaper alternative to the sporting
Eleganza - Highest equipped comfort option
Sporting - All sporty and relatively well equipped

as Boney's said the range...

Evo GP has sideskirts / spoiler / tinted rear windows / subwoofer option / - And i think it has "Sporty" dials which means 30mph is in a diferrent place & has a blue needle at night, might just be the Sporting though.

Evo Eleganza is the highest in the comfort range, so comes with climate control / parking sensors / ESP / rain sensor / electrochromatic rear mirror & a few other bits, but no subwoofer option & no bodykit/spoiler/tints & a "standard" dial display.

Both cars use the same engines / brakes / suspension / gear boxes etc.

P.s, car looks great! :) i dig the number plate... NAO is something hardcore internet nerds use for NOW!.... RDY = READY... NOW READY! ... *hangs head in shame*

Last edited:
First Mod Done *Calipers*

Well the first mod is complete. Painted my calipers red. I've also sorted the tailpipe out which was designed to have the exhaust fumes coming out from underneath the twin pipes which is a bit silly.

2010-05-21_14_34_56.jpg

2010-05-21_14_35_06.jpg

My mate also let me borrow his wign mirror covers to see what they looked like. I think they look quite nice, and I'm very tempted to get mine sprayed.
2010-05-18_14_00_36.jpg

Hopefully payday will come round soon and I can get some more stuff done.

I was wondering about that exhaust thing!

I noticed the twin pipes accessory, they looked straight... but the exhaust on my eleganza points downwards

Does that mean the twin pipes are purely just there for looks & not actually used? lol

I was wondering about that exhaust thing!

I noticed the twin pipes accessory, they looked straight... but the exhaust on my eleganza points downwards

Does that mean the twin pipes are purely just there for looks & not actually used? lol

Yeah it's really weird. The twin pipes have a plate that covers the ends about an inch into the exhaust and it looks really bad. You can see the reflection the majority of the time. And the connector that is welded on at an angle to accustom for the angle on the exhaust, just runs straight through the twin pipes and out underneath.

I had to alter it as everyone was like, "you havent even got a real exhaust, the fumes dont even come out of the pipes.

So after a bit of fiddling I managed to get the plate that blocks up the pipes out, weld a plate to the bottom of the through pipe, and cut a hole into the through pipe so that the fumes come straight through and out of the pipes. Bit of a fiddle but I would say it was worth it as the exhaust looks quality now like.

The exhaust is also very very shiny, so doing this helps it to start to dull down slightly.

Yeah it's really weird. The twin pipes have a plate that covers the ends about an inch into the exhaust and it looks really bad. You can see the reflection the majority of the time. And the connector that is welded on at an angle to accustom for the angle on the exhaust, just runs straight through the twin pipes and out underneath.

I had to alter it as everyone was like, "you havent even got a real exhaust, the fumes dont even come out of the pipes.

So after a bit of fiddling I managed to get the plate that blocks up the pipes out, weld a plate to the bottom of the through pipe, and cut a hole into the through pipe so that the fumes come straight through and out of the pipes. Bit of a fiddle but I would say it was worth it as the exhaust looks quality now like.

The exhaust is also very very shiny, so doing this helps it to start to dull down slightly.

has that affected the way the exhaust sounds at all?

Sounds like a really damned stupid design, seems like alot more fuss/work put into blocking off the tip etc than it would of been just fitting straight exhaust.

Back