1178.jpg

Stilo 1.6 active sport in the making

Introduction

i got my stilo just before xmas and have loved every second of it... well.. except for drinking the petrol.
i havnt done anything besides fitting a sub yet, but ive got minor stuff i want to be getting on with.
its bog standard at the moment but i've ordered a mesh grill and i fancy painting the wheels and will end up putting -35 springs on at some point in the future. here's a few pics... (sorry crapy iphone pics / bad lighting)

and here's a quick photoshop, i'm thinking of getting the front end around the grill vinyl wrapped black, what d'you think?
yer coyle on here has his roof chequred.
as for the vinyl dont think i like that doesnt go with the lines of the stilo, would have to continue up following the bonnet lines and onto the roof, and tbh that is a bit chavtastic.

yeah, i did a photoshop of the bonnet done following the lines.. and it was way OTT. ive done a shop of just the front from another angle on someone elses car and it looks better, but i wont post it because i cant remember who the picture belongs to. i'll take a better angle shot at some point.

Nice stilo........Just one thing your tail light bulbs are blown:eek:

how is that? look fine to me. (just sidelights where on when the pics where taken)

ive got a mesh grill fitten now, will take some pics soon. also probably get some vinyl put on the front at the local signwriters soon. it'll only cost £15-£20 so if i'm not keen.. no biggie

Whilst out today I realised that my ns rear was blown changed it and took some pics to show you which ones you need to chnge and what it should look like

so here's the blown bulb (the middle one)
IMG00023-20100209-1708.jpg

and then once you've replaced it it should look like this
IMG00024-20100209-1710.jpg

I hope now you see the difference between mine and yours(y)

well i still havn't got the vinyl on the front. the guy who i was gona get to do it has gona on holiday. so i'm going to just get some vinyl and have a go myself this weekend. Nothing to lose but a sheet of vinyl.
in the mean time heres a pic with the new grill, a clean and a decent camera.

for now i've just used black tape to cover the piece of the bumper that funs behind the grill. But i'm going to cut it off and reinforce the bumper with a couple of strips of stainless or aluminium... when i get some time.

i know theres a photoshop section..... but seeing as its my car, i may aswell put this in here.
Ive made a start on rendering my car in photoshop. Probably spent about 2 hours so far. I'll be happy with it after another 3 hours or so probably.

I'm pretty happy with the front dar bit and the lower grill, the rest is mainly just a quick rough out.
On photoshop forums i'd get flamed for not using proper mapping or gradients.... but i just prefer to do it all freehand.

finally got around to sorting out my front end. the signwriters i took it to said that using vinyl would be very hard and he'd have to get some special stuff in... so i decided to give it a lick of paint myself. i've had a decent amount of experience with a spray can so was quite confident i could do it.
turned out just as planned :D

all i need to do now is get some glossy black pinstripe tape and jobs a goodun.
i also filled a small ding in the bumper while i was at it.

Nice stilo. I am also thinking about putting my Rims in black.

Where did you get the grill from? I have been looking to replace mine not sure if to get the facelift one but now im in two minds because the one you have is looking good.

wow forgot i even had this thread.
i just got the grille off ebay, just a nameless steel mesh grille.

since my last post i havn't really done much. got a set of claw alloys, i was planning on getting tints and lowering 40mm, but i've been looking arround at insurance for when it comes around in december and its gonna be a killer. gone up about £400 from last year. i'm thinking about getting a lupo and going euro with it, don't kill me :eek:
if i'm gonna get rid of the stilo then theres not much point in doing any mods :/, i'll give it a couple of months and see what insurance is like then.

i still need to get some new pics with the claws and new spring. (****ty gmax springs have given me a nice drop on the back but bot all on the front)

the bikes a daytona 955i (the fathers) , i just got myself an rf600 project and a load of bandit 400 parts and a couple of frames to work with. i'mma either fighter the rf or return it to stock, sell on and buy a nice little nc30.

i'll get some new pics when the weather brightens up and i give das auto a wash.

in the end i managed to find myself some reasonable insurance, hence its still here. i'm contemplating getting a mk2 golf though. i'll see how money goes in the sumer and wether i end up living out next year at uni.

Back