Image0020.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) In repair.

Introduction

I aquired this car with a totaled engine and other defects, currently fitting a mk1 punto engine!

More pics soon (y)

Image0020.jpg
Re: In repair

just the engine that your replacing? what was this originally? HGT?

Well a few bits have to go (eg the very NAFF gearknob thats been retro-fitted) but others will be replaced like the wheels which seemed to be rubbing the arches and a pipercross I have lying around here somewhere.... I have to get it going first tho!!

Its a sporting thats had its engine changed before to a 99 brava 1.2 engine, the head gasket blew with the first engine and with the second engine the bottom end blew up!!! Now I'm putting a 97 1.2 sporting engine in! Seems like I'm going back in time here..... :eek:

Well a few bits have to go (eg the very NAFF gearknob thats been retro-fitted) but others will be replaced like the wheels which seemed to be rubbing the arches and a pipercross I have lying around here somewhere.... I have to get it going first tho!!

Its a sporting thats had its engine changed before to a 99 brava 1.2 engine, the head gasket blew with the first engine and with the second engine the bottom end blew up!!! Now I'm putting a 97 1.2 sporting engine in! Seems like I'm going back in time here..... :eek:

wonder why the engine was changed the first time :S ahaha next up in lines a 900 cinq engine :p good luck :p

Right, long overdue an update :)

I got It going with the 97 engine :slayer: and the day after I got it going the bonnet catch failed and made bits of my windscreen!!! :cry: Didnt get round to getting a screen yet so it sits in my yard facing out for the mo :) It drives well, for a car that had the nuts canned off it by the previous owners, its smooth and flat in the corners (wasnt expecting it to be that good) in due time my Bravo will be pensioned off for an overhaul and this will take its place :)

If I had quicker interweb Id upload more pics!! :p

Image00342.jpg
Image00421.jpg
Image00981.jpg
Image01012.jpg

those wheels look ace, what are they? ;)

The original 17s are lenso s7's, the 16s are still a mystery ill let you know when I find out, theres no brand on them whatsoever!!

What engine do you have in it, a sporting isnt it?

Mk1 Sporting which was a disaster to get sitting in right!!

LONG overdue an update :D

I am now using this car on the road in place of my Bravo, which would have cost a fortune to put right for the nct. This means this car is relatively tidied up but still under going developments eg a proper paint job on the boot and bonnet, new arch liners and a bumper repair. Also means its back on 17s for the mo... (n)

Image01712.jpg
Image01721.jpg
Image01791.jpg
Image0180.jpg
Image01813.jpg
Image01831.jpg
Image01941.jpg

Cheers! Needs alot more work done to it though!! Main priority is the front as the bumper is ruined along with the arch liners and wings... Getting there though (y)

Its a full custom system, the engine is from a 97 Sporting so it has a different head and oil pump to begin with. Theres a great sound out of the exhaust! Have a youtube vid but cant link it to this thread... The only downside of that exhaust is it makes sneaking in at 3am near impossible!!! :devil:

Back