100_2126.JPG

Panda (Classic) Grumbleweed

Introduction

been stubbornly refusing to stir outside the panda section for a long while but put a fair bit of time into tidying the old lad up this summer so thought I'd stick some photos together to show the state of play just now.
So for those of you who aren't al ready au fait, this is Grumbleweed, a 1990 Panda Sergio Tacchini with a mix of scrapyard warrior mods and fresh bits:

look! even found some scenery to take some pics:)

Highlights include the new mk2 golf splitter and chavtastic blue lensed driving lamps (they were reduced OK) in the front bumper, Momo steering wheel, aftermarket gearknob on shortened gearstick, 40mm drop on new standard shocks, mystery retro pepperpot wheels (anybody any idea? came off a Tipo in a scrappy) converted to Uno electronic dizzy, K&N panel filter in standard airbox with shortened intake, Powerflow stainless exhaust rear section with Y10 standard front section, array of extra instrumentation (tacho, oil pressure and volts) and assorted other bits and bobs dotted around that my father in law (the previous owner) fitted and I just find out about when new stuff I buy mysteriously doesn't fit:confused:
Andrew.
Was the top of the hatch vinyled?

Looks quite cool
nope, satin black out of a can. More because it's a replacement hatch and it saves trying to match to the adjacent paintwork than anything. Inspired by the Y10, they mostly came with black bootlids on the early models and always looked quite cool.

i always thought it made them look like lancia had run out of paint or somehane had salvaged one form a scrap yard.

looks good with the dark blue though
also does look like I salvaged it from a scrapyard a bit:eek: wasn't really, came off my grey Tacchini before it went to the srapyard. Totally different(y)

Blue was about 1cm higher that (I would say) standard...I don't know why...springs...all the same...tank half full:)
I think it's Fiats...

Dark blue looked perfect for me...not too low not to "off road" :)

thanks, bit difficult to tell what the lowered stance is really like from these pics, managed to park it in about 3 different potholes. Older pic but this probably gives a better comparison with standard:

I just bought some omp 40mm lowering springs...for a Y10...the guy i bought them from said that the rears will fit the panda but not the fronts.......this confused me as according to a few books i have...and after talking to a local lancia/fiat/alfa buff and friend of mine.....it seems that the front suspension on the panda (as standard) is the same as the y10....anyone come across this before????? Also if the link works......here is a pic of my rally panda Giuseppe......work in progress.....:D

Attachments

• 161020091124.jpg
    161020091124.jpg
    855.3 KB · Views: 56
nice looking car(y) the basic design on the Y10 front suspension is the same I think, but there are some differences in the setup. Lewey's the guy to ask really I believe he has both kicking about and has hit some problems swapping stuff around on the front. I'd be surprised if the springs were different but from what he said it sounds like some of the mounting points on struts and suspension arms are different. TBH when I had the Y10 I would never have looked at the front suspension. Only really had bits like that apart on the last few since I've had somewhere to work on them.

Back