Engine_3.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) My Red - Soon to be Euro...

Introduction

When you say Euro what are you going to do?

Lower it crazy? Deep dish alloys or steelies? Colour code everything?

When you say Euro what are you going to do?

Lower it crazy? Deep dish alloys or steelies? Colour code everything?

Well im ordering my lowering springs on friday, going down 40mm :p

Recently colour coded my mirrors:

Iv contacted a few people on ebay about some colour coded bumpers (thanks to the help of karbineftw)

If i get some of those i will be smoothing them as much as possible.

Next month im after some new alloys, hopefully some alfa romeo ones, polished aluminum face, with black insides. ;)

Trying to smooth as much as possible, may take me a while (y)

Jake

40mm is no where near enough to make it look euro, but it would be a nice drop anyway :)

Agreed, usually 60mm is manageable on 15'' rims, no bigger.

To be honest, I thought MK2 springs only came max of 50mm by like Eibach/Jamex can't remember the brand now.

Uh hum!

Does it really matter what colour the bumpers are if your smoothing them

Thats a very good point lol
Iv only just realised that lol, haha woops.
That would be cheaper to do too ;)

Yeah about the 40mm drop, i didnt really want any more than that, im not going over the top with it (because i acknowledge my girlfriends opinion lol), so i think that will be just fine (y)

Basically im just colour coding and smoothing everything for now, and im planning on cleaning up the engine bay and painting some stuff, some blue HT leads too :slayer:

Yeah about the 40mm drop, i didnt really want any more than that, im not going over the top with it (because i acknowledge my girlfriends opinion lol), so i think that will be just fine (y)

if you dont go to at least 50mm drop you will regret it and always wish you had done(y)

I've sort of got to agree here. :(
I don't think those alfa wheels are really euro tbf.
BBS or borbet would compliment the euro look. And at least a 70-60mm drop

Yeah the alfa wheels wer only an idea, iv secured the bumpers, will probly get them by saturday.
I love the Borbet wheels but they have a heavy price tag, which means waiting a while for them, as i am on a students budget (n)
In the end i will probly just save up for a nice set of them...
Iv a very impatient person :p

Dont you need replacement shocks when you drop over 50mm?
Im sure you doo..

Thanks Jake.

Aye to lower anything over 50mm you will need coilovers.

Up to 50mm can be achieved with a set of springs, and you shouldn't have any problems using them with your original shocks.

sorry to say this but if you are only on a student loan its gunna be very tough funding this project.

Im not even on a student loan... lol
I get £10 a week from the school and im on £3.73 an hour from sports world, so take that into consideration when you want me to go lower and get more expensive wheels lol.

Thanks for the info, Jake.

Back