IMG_0089.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) My 2nd Fiat-Punto mk2b 2004. 1.2 8V+lpg

Introduction

Came as new in 2004, it was S+coloured bumpers and A/C-no rev counter, no power windows, no cental lock.
Now 5 years old has 40 000 km, still driving on original Pirelli tyres 165/65 R14
Recently upgraded with LandiRenzo lpg injection system with 32 litres lpg tank in place of spare tyre. Consumpiton of lpg same as gasoline: 5-7 litres, means with 32 litres(wich in my country costs 16 euros or 0.5 EU/1l of LPG) and average consumption of 6 litres on 100km=500 km driving with one lpg tank.

IMG_07581.JPG

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0739.JPG

IMG_0738.JPG

IMG_0737.JPG

IMG_0734.JPG

I get cheap used Apex springs -3cm

IMG_0742.JPG

IMG_0743.jpg

Plans are alu aloys and 185/60 R14 tyres, xenon 6000K, custom made engine air induction, el. windows, central+remote lock, hgt instrument panel, bonnet lifters, tint rear windows, all bulbs replace with LEDs
Sorry for not updating long.
LPG conversion costed 820 EU + 160 EU for atest that lasts 5 years.
But in my country, wich has some f........g laws I must pay every year on our so called registration 70 EU for using LPG in car, and they call it road fee-so on every registration in my country you pay:
-car insurance depending of engine HP, for Punto is 160EU for 1 year
-tehnical exam that is around 110 EU plus that road fee for LPG.

Btw. price for tehnical exam already includes road fee that depends on engine volume, and for Punto is around 50 EU-so we pay twice same thing, and third time we pay road fee or toll when enter highway.

LPG price at the moment is 0.65 EU/l, 1-2 years ago was 0.41 EU/l

My country produces its own gas, and they dont have storage o store all produced gas-one part is exported to neighbour countries for 0.12 EU/l and one part they BURN!!!!!

95 octane petrol price is now 1.1 EU/l
Thats criminal.

All these prices are not high for somebody, but when you work all month for 500 EU, and that we call a good pay-thats to much.

However, Punto got xenon 6000K and SMD side light.
Picture shows common bulb and SMD LED comparing with 6000K colour of HID bulb

IMG_4899.jpg

IMG_4898.jpg

Last edited:
How time passes by fast.
Punto was fitted with instrunental panel with revs, trip comp and had to buy stalk with select button comp. After that i done proxy allignment-ad worked like original.

After 80 000km passed and 9 years of driving, Punto was sold.
Only fault in that time was steering angle sensor. I changed it myself with new one for 130 euros.

It was great car, cheap to service, cheap to drive, very low fuel consumption, only about 4 euros per 100 km of LPG

New owner could not belive how cheap is fuel consumption.
I really miss that car............

Back