DSC00986.jpg

Punto (Mk1) My Red Mk1. :)

Introduction

A few pictures of my car. Lots of work done to it. The progression can be looked at this thread >>HERE<<
DSC009981.jpg
DSC009961.jpg
DSC009943.jpg
DSC009922.jpg
DSC009892.jpg
DSC00999.jpg
DSC009971.jpg
DSC009951.jpg
DSC009931.jpg
DSC009912.jpg
DSC00988.jpg
DSC00987.jpg
DSC00986.jpg
It looks smashing and thats exactly what i plan on doing with my punto before i hit 17 [still 15 atm :eek:]

In the 3rd pic i noticed a basin of dirty water, please tell me thats not what you use to clean it with?! :(

It looks smashing and thats exactly what i plan on doing with my punto before i hit 17 [still 15 atm :eek:]

In the 3rd pic i noticed a basin of dirty water, please tell me thats not what you use to clean it with?! :(
Well spotted fella!
No, I use two buckets, one with my shampoo and one with clean water in so when I wash each panel I rinse in that bucket then dip back in the foam. If that makes sense. Really good technique so your not dipping your dirty mitt back in the clean shampoo mixture
:idea:

there looking good those mirrors mate, and there is a really nice shine to your paintwork looks great, washed and waxed properly recently? lol

Yeh I borrowed some of Tris' advice about cleaning so I went and got some autoglym shampoo and super resin polish. As you know it's my B'day next wednesday so I'm going to get some wax and clay from my parents, I would prefer it tuesday though so I can turn up all polished etc. lol

I just need to clean up my base plates with some wood polish (Mr sheen) as they are filthy!

Last edited:
Yeh I borrowed some of Tris' advice about cleaning so I went and got some autoglym shampoo and super resin polish. As you know it's my B'day next wednesday so I'm going to get some wax and clay from my parents, I would prefer it tuesday though so I can turn up all polished etc. lol

I just need to clean up my base plates with some wood polish (Mr sheen) as they are filthy!

are yes the easy way of not buying it yourself haha lol.

i will have to wait for tuesday lol (payday)

mr sheen??? why not use some back to black i find it works really well on my black trim?

are yes the easy way of not buying it yourself haha lol.

i will have to wait for tuesday lol (payday)

mr sheen??? why not use some back to black i find it works really well on my black trim?
Haha they did already pay for the car as my pressy :( so I'm kinda not getting anything. Or so they say but usually have something up their sleeves. Insurance I hope :p. My Dad rang Quinn up today and they quoted me £677.75 and didn't need to take any mod details! I was so happy :O :O
And yeh Mr sheen because that would mean I don't have to go up and buy some B2B lol

looking good :)

instead of back 2 black, why not use a heat gun on your black plastics?

Waft it over and the top layer of plastic is burnt off (not literally burnt but i dont know how to describe it) and the plastics will come up really black and last as long as when the car was new.

depends if you have a heat gun or not though i suppose lol, a hairdryer may work but take longer!

Back