IMG_5153.JPG

500 9 months old and still like a swiss army chainsaw

Introduction

Dear All,

To be honest, this time, last year when I had already been through the ordering process, I still wasn't sure that there will be no technical or eye appeal problem with my Fiat after such a long period in service. And although one should wait to state anything till the first anniversary, now I must admit that the 500 became a really reliable piece of art!
I don't know how you drive or like her in other countries, but here in Hungary she's almost a show-off car and she deserves this title indeed! She's the bee's knee!!! :worship:

IMG_5278.JPG

IMG_5244.JPG

IMG_5182.JPG

IMG_5165.JPG

IMG_5220.JPG

IMG_5162.JPG

IMG_5153.JPG

Safe drive and fast delivery (for those who are still waiting) to all of You! (y)
Gergely
Sorry to dig up an old post!

I learnt to drive a couple of years ago, later in life, just so I could one day own my own Ragamuffin Red Fiat 500, which will be soon.
And whilst I was taking lessons, I came across your great little video of your beloved (the bee’s knees) and I’ve played it such a lot!
Thank you, it’s such fun and epitomises the new Fiat 500 for me!
It was also inspirational and kept me going towards my goal!

I kept trying to hear the lyrics of the song that goes with it, it’s so perfectly in tune with the film, well-done!
I could make out “Guilietta” (girl’s name), “Bella, Bella, Bella!” (which I know means beautiful in Italian), and “après-midi” – which I thought was French for “in the afternoon”.
So I asked an Italian friend to look at the link and she too gives you the vote for creativity and capturing the spirit of the 500 too.
She told me it’s basically a song about chasing girls - and mentions some of their attributes, like long legs! But that it was also so full of dialect unfamiliar to her that she couldn’t really do more of a translation for me. I’m still curious and wonder if you can tell me more about this song?

Are you still enjoying your 500?

Best wishes.

Hello Curley,

First of all, thanks for your really kind words! Although I've choosen this song for this clip, I don't speak Italian therefore it was just a feeling to find the right one for the movie and yes, a few words came through of course. I promise if I ever find anybody to translate the whole song, I'll let you know immediately! ;)
I don't know if you know other Italian songs, even from Gianni Morandi but here is one which is about going down to the sea, have fun, and naturally all this in a Cinquecento, borrowed from Dad... :D Enjoy: youtu.be/8brWMgTNp4M

Regarding my little red beauty, I must admit that this year, in April I sold it to a rich guy... But! Before you became dissapointed, this was happened because I ordered a new one, this time a white 500C (!) with black roof and the TwinAir engine. So the story goes on and without borrowing her from Dad, we can enjoy the summer completely! ;)
All the best,
Gergely

Back