S7000846.JPG

Bravo (Classic) the £90 bravo 1.8 hlx

Introduction

couldnt say no at this price! :D mot failure on brakes- which il be able to do within an hour at cost of about £35 (y) but not in this weather :( pissing i down. its really nice to drive though, feels so more solid compared to my punto, bodywork isnt great but its nice and again much better than my punto.

S7000846.JPG

S7000847.JPG

S7000848.JPG

S7000849.JPG
My god for £90 that looks in pretty good shape, excellent find (y)

I imagine the brakes aren't the only thing needing done though surely?

no it doesnt :p but the hardest things are the brakes.

il do a full list for ya :p

fail-
excessivly corroded front brake disks.
bit corroded near the seat belt
abs light

advisorys-
slightly corroded brake pipe.

Last edited by a moderator:
you can test the sensors by checking their resistance rather than replacing them.... they are bloomin expensive things to replace
hmmmmm i dont know where to start really, i dont even know what these sensors look like so will start there :p only thing i know about he light is that the light came on now and again but its on permanantly now.

abs still works.

Last edited:
the light came on now and again but its on permanantly now.

abs still works.

that suggests you have a sensor fault on one wheel. it should be easy to figure out which wheel if you have a multimeter, and you can use the tinfoil trick to fix it.

admit it, the bravo makes a mk1 punto seem crap and dangerous.

Last edited:
that suggests you have a sensor fault on one wheel. it should be easy to figure out which wheel if you have a multimeter, and you can use the tinfoil trick to fix it.

admit it, the bravo makes a mk1 punto seem crap and dangerous.

how do i use a multimeter on it? :confused:

and yeah, the bravo is much better, even than the mk2 punto.

cant really compare it to the uno cos i dont think you can get much more 'crap' and 'dangerous' lol

Last edited:
how do i use a multimeter on it? :confused:
remove the wheel, disconnect the sensor's wiring plug, measure the resistance across the 2 pins on the sensor's plug. the 'good' result is in the manual, i dont have it with my as i'm on my girlfriend's computer. no reading at all means you need to do the tinfoil trick. a very high resistance usually means a light tap with a hammer on the sensor will sort it out.

remove the wheel, disconnect the sensor's wiring plug, measure the resistance across the 2 pins on the sensor's plug. the 'good' result is in the manual, i dont have it with my as i'm on my girlfriend's computer. no reading at all means you need to do the tinfoil trick. a very high resistance usually means a light tap with a hammer on the sensor will sort it out.

ok cheers, its fixed for now but i imagine it will come back on soon... lol, cos i havent done anything and its ok now, hopefully be ok for the mot.

nice deal there! i though i had a bargain with my £440 1.4, may be worth getting those spaces re painted......he he

Back