189.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) 5 Door 1.2 8v Punto mk2

Introduction

So far:

Debadged boot lid, and rebadged with P U N T O across the back (Seat Ibiza style)
Fitted Goodmans CD Player with Aux-In (For iPod, was a freebie, so can't complain)
Colour coded door handles
Punto decal over the third brake light :)
Rear lights tinted, reflectors left untouched ;)
Side repeaters slightly tinted
Removed rub strips down both sides (still some residue to get rid of :rolleyes:)
Colour coded interior vent surrounds and rear ashtray
Fitted 2 x Alpine 6.5" Door Speakers
& 2 x Alpine 4" Rear Speakers (Required some re-wiring of the head unit :()
Fitted chrome exhaust tip (£9.99 Halfords job lol, looks good for the money, and no silly boy racer noises either :rolleyes:)

To do:

Colour code the mirrors
Fit geniune Fiat alloys
Colour code brake calipers
Limo tint on rear windows :)
Sort out some way of making it central locking lol :rolleyes:
Stainless Steel Door Insteps, preferably saying Punto.
Polish the damm thing after painting haha :)

Things which I probably won't be doing:

Fitting a spoiler, bodykit or sideskirts.
Fitting aftermarket alloys.
Removing 2 of the doors... lol.
Lowering the car.
Making any performance enhancements.

Things which I am considering doing but haven't committed to the to-do list lol:

Fitting amp + subs
Colour coding bumpers (by spraying the ones already on there)

Any ideas guys?

From this...

To this...

Via...

Tinted rear lights and side repeaters...

P U N T O across the back...

Interior trim...

Thanks!
If your gonna spray the bumpers.. you can get a spray.. that sorta flattens the plastic.. which would make it easier to prepare and spray i've never used the stuff i was just talkin to the guy in the local paint shop a while back and he mentioned that they sold the stuff..

lose the chav badge

I agree...I took the badges off the back of my old Mk2 and just put one of the nice Grande Punto badges on. Looked quite good.

Just looks a bit naff when people start putting random spaced out letters on the back. But at least it says punto and not your name like some people do!

Just leave it unbadged.

On that note I remember once my mate & me seen a MK1 Punto saaying Abarth on the boot like that, he thought it said Gareth then I told him wot it was ment to say lol :D

Looks like a good start. Loose the punto badge and source some already colour coded bumpers and spray those. You will get a much better finish than doing it on black plastic bumpers regardless of how you prep them.

My favourite car is the Seat Ibiza, so that's where the inspiration comes from for that badge. It does look better from a different angle, I just struggled taking pictures as it was sat on the driveway at the time.

Each to their own I suppose, but that's one of my favourite parts of the car :confused:

My favourite car is the Seat Ibiza, so that's where the inspiration comes from for that badge. It does look better from a different angle, I just struggled taking pictures as it was sat on the driveway at the time.

Each to their own I suppose, but that's one of my favourite parts of the car :confused:

Good :) keep it then it's your car afterall :)

Really started to like the Puntos though to be honest, but I don't see myself keeping this car for much of a long time, so I'm not gonna go spending silly money on it.

The plan is to learn to drive in it, keep it a year or 2, probably hand it down to my brother so he can learn to drive in it aswell. Then get myself a newer, lower mileage, higher spec Punto to start modifying lol, and at that point I'll also be looking at engine mods etc as the insurance won't be quite as silly when I'm 18/19.

I don't see the point in spending money on a bodykit, new interior etc. If the car wasn't base spec, and wasn't 100k miles lol, I would probably be keeping it longer, and therefore would look at spending more money on it, but this is just to get me through the first year or two of driving lol. Really want to see if I can sort out central locking on it though, that is really a pain in the backside lol! Then next on the list is probably Fiat alloys, but that's a little too much for me at the moment I think.

Can't seem to edit my own post at the top :confused:

So I'll post my update here :)

Colour coded the wing mirrors :)
Sourced 14" Fiat alloys, and painted them white :)
12" JBL Amp + Sub :D

Also bought a central locking kit, need to get around to fitting this though.
Definitely still want the back windows tinting, and I also want the bumpers colour coding, I'm hoping to find the same colour car in a scrappy somewhere to save painting etc.

Back