CIMG7077.JPG

Panda Panda 100HP with Alpine & Hertz install

Introduction

My install is finally finished, the guys at Source in Sheffield have worked their magic and I'm over the moon with the finished result.

It consists of an Alpine CDA-7944 headunit, Alpine PXA-H701 processor and RXU-C701 controller (that's the second headunit at the bottom), Hertz Mille MLK2 components, Mille subwoofer and HP4 amplifier.

The hole in the trim next to the mirror is where the tweeter was mounted originally, I have replacements on order, they didn't turn up in time for these shots.

This the boot (obviously!) - with wheel well mounted sub and the front component passive crossvers and amp mounted on a special frame work. Retrimmed in alcantara, the sub surround is fibreglass and painted to match the interior of the Pandas heater surrounds, etc.

CIMG7077.JPG

Next, the door build. The lower portion retrimmed in alcantara, Panda owners note the door handle surrounds painted to match.

CIMG7081.JPG

A-pillar builds housing the Mille tweeter. This again was retrimmed in alcantara.

CIMG7088.JPG

Finally a shot of the CD player and processor controller.

CIMG7087.JPG

The sub needs to be run in, once that's done then it can be setup properly but as it is sounds stunning. The only "fiddling" with the processor apart from crossover points was a small amount of delay on the front end to bring it in time with the sub.

The car will be at the Modified Nationals and Auto Italia on the Four Cars stand, I however, won't be as I'm in Rome and the the Isle of Man for the TT.

If you want a listen then just ask someone on there and they'll gladly give you a demo. I'm just gutted I can't be there too :(
Saw this today at Modified Nationals - and got a proper blast of it, with the doors and boot shut as I sat in the drivers seat :)

And it sounded sweet (y) the detail is amazing, and I was very impressed indeed.

P5240111.JPG

Last edited:
Back