DSCF0229.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) My MK2 Punto

Introduction

well, after much spamming on other section of the forum, i finally decided to create a thread for my car...

this is when i got it:
IMAG00031.JPG

IMAG00012.JPG

a "tiny" accident:
IMAG0002_web_ready.JPG

IMAG0001_web_ready.JPG

and how it is at the moment:
IMAG00091.jpg

IMAG00191.jpg

i got hold of a sporting interior, and swapped it with the old one:
DSCF0230.jpg

DSCF0231.jpg

also cut a couple of inches from the gearstick, feels much better now...

and now... my OTT security system:
DSCF0229.jpg

"MOB CAR - You crash... We crush"

i am now in search of some alloys and a sporting steering wheel...
Another tuga in the forum .. :D
Welcome to the forum , your car is looking good , like the coded mirros , debadge tail gate and bonnet .. (y)
Keep the good work . :)

Ps Im from Madeira , but im living in England .

lol, believe it or not, i still haven't been able to find an automotive forum without other Portuguese members... i'm glad you like the car...

looks good, back end looks a proper good repair, loving the coding and the badgless bonnet (y)

yeah, you'd never guess it got hit by a Frontera... the bonnet is badgeless only because i got tired of having the fiat logo nicked... 3 logos nicked, one broken in the accident... i might have to put the logo back, though... having your car debadged is illegal here :bang::bang::bang:

nice car(y)

shame i saw your arse before i saw this. i might not of judged so quick if it was the other way round:p

thanks, i guess :eek::eek::eek: lol

yeah, you'd never guess it got hit by a Frontera... the bonnet is badgeless only because i got tired of having the fiat logo nicked... 3 logos nicked, one broken in the accident... i might have to put the logo back, though... having your car debadged is illegal here :bang::bang::bang:

thanks, i guess :eek::eek::eek: lol

seriousley??? some stupid laws about,there really is

seriousley??? some stupid laws about,there really is

you have no idea... debadge - illegal; tints - supposed to be legal (still get fined); bigger rims - illegal (you have to pay 90€ for a special MOT and nearly 70€ to update the car's documents); different bumpers - illegal (if i get the abarth ones, i'll have to prove that they're a Fiat part...)... :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

you have no idea... debadge - illegal; tints - supposed to be legal (still get fined); bigger rims - illegal (you have to pay 90€ for a special MOT and nearly 70€ to update the car's documents); different bumpers - illegal (if i get the abarth ones, i'll have to prove that they're a Fiat part...)... :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Welcome to Portugal .. (n)
Basicly , you cant modify the car ..:mad:
Stupid Portuguese law .. :bang:

Welcome to Portugal .. (n)
Basicly , you cant modify the car ..:mad:
Stupid Portuguese law .. :bang:
Exactly when my uncle moved there from sa he took an E30 bmw with him and he had bifgger wheels on it they gave him endless hassles to register it because of that. But i believe alot of people modify there cars and then just change them back to standard come MOT time there.

Exactly when my uncle moved there from sa he took an E30 bmw with him and he had bifgger wheels on it they gave him endless hassles to register it because of that. But i believe alot of people modify there cars and then just change them back to standard come MOT time there.

only way to pass MOT really... either that or bribe (right word?) the MOT engineers... :bang::bang::bang::bang:

I think the mentality there is apparently anything not fitted by the factory is not as "safe" as factory fitted items and hence can change safety features and things of the car hence tbhey become quite anal about it. I dont know if its tru or not but apparently even the tyres have to be the same as fitted at the factory so you wouldnt be able to replace a 185/50/15 with a 19/50/15

I think the mentality there is apparently anything not fitted by the factory is not as "safe" as factory fitted items and hence can change safety features and things of the car hence tbhey become quite anal about it. I dont know if its tru or not but apparently even the tyres have to be the same as fitted at the factory so you wouldnt be able to replace a 185/50/15 with a 19/50/15

my dad got fined for driving with 195/50/R15 instead of 185/55/R15... and that's just an example

it's been a while since i've done anything to my car, so yesterday i took some time off and got some work done on the car...

was tired of the awful sound from the standard 40W sh*tty fiat speakers, so got these ones instead:

luisepraia013.jpg

Blaupunkt GTX MKII 190W i know they're not OTT speakers, but i'm quite happy qith the sound now...

had the left side side strip only half glued for a couple of months, so i've decided to take them off:

luisepraia022.jpg

luisepraia020.jpg

new mods on the making - i'll update the profile when they're done:D

Back