DSC000576.JPG

Grande Punto Si-Punto's Grande Punto Sporting M-Jet

Introduction

Right I figured it was about time I got some pictures of the GP up on the forum.

The details of the car are as follows:
2007 (07) Grande Punto Sporting 1.9 Multi-Jet Turbo Diesel (M-JTD FTW :slayer: ) in Crossover Black with a skyroof (no other optional extras though :eek: )

Here he is the day I picked him up from the dealers:
DSC000576.JPG

DSC000586.JPG

And here are a few shots I took en-route to Newcastle for work last week:
DSC000716.JPG

DSC000723.JPG

DSC000735.JPG

DSC000745.JPG

DSC000766.JPG

Despite the adverse weather yesterday morning I managed to dig the car out of the snow and make it to the RR day @ Red Dot:
DSC000794.JPG

Finally a couple of shots of it on the rollers:
DSC000835.JPG

Augusto showing me how it's done :eek: :
DSC000866.JPG

Lets just say that I drove away from Watford smiling (H2DaE and Puntokris can vouch for that) :D

I need to tidy up a few more bits, give it a good polish and get some new photos up - New number plates now fitted, dealer stickers removed, Red Fiat badges awaiting fitting.

Future mods are touch and go, we shall see what happens. If I do then they will be along the lines of:
Lowering
Referbing the wheels anthracite
Tinting the rear windows
Leon Cupra R front splitter
Custom exhaust tip
... and who knows what else :eek:

Thanks for looking, any comments are more than welcome :)

Cheers,

Si
looking good... the more i see sporting alloys the more i want them:cry:

Last edited:
If the choice is between M-Jet or Star-Jet it would be M-Jet without a second thought however if it was a choice between the M-Jet or the T-Jet then that would be a tough one and could only be decided by yourself.

Take a look through the M-Jet/T-Jet argument thread in the GP section and weigh up the pros and cons to see which one would suit you best.

Cheers guys, it's appreciated (y)

Yeah I was well surprised when I saw the results considering I asked Augusto for a 'watered down' map just to play it safe with the clutch :eek: Goes like sh*t off a shovel :D

I'm glad everyone likes it :D He is an awesome machine :worship:

and mine has better wheels;):p

Debatable :p

Looks very nice mate. Regarding the map can you explain to me how the power delivery is improved over stock? I have just got my GPS 1.9M-jet and am very interested.

I'm not quite sure how to put it into words exactly mate. Basically dont expect hot hatch performance however it does really smooth out the power delivery and it really pulls hard through the gears. It revs a lot more freely and the torque puts you back in your seat when driven hard :slayer:

I'd be more than happy to take anyone out for a quick spin in it at any events that I make it to this year :)

hopefully i should be making a thread in the next few weeks with the same title but with my name not yours ;):slayer:

Well I've had the Grande for over 4 months now, piled several thousand miles on it and given it some stick and all I can say is.........

Nice one Fiat (y)

It feels pretty well screwed together, has only picked up a few rattles and so far it's only made one trip back to the dealers for warranty work :cool:

Only changes I've made to it since last updating this thread have been to fit the red Fiat badge kit and remove the PUNTO badge from the boot.

After some tooing and throwing I've decided to keep it and mod it slightly (my one gripe with diesels is that they dont deliver the same rewarding drive as petrols tend to - But I can live with that for a while longer).

The mod list is still up in the air and will come few and far between so no details to post as yet, just a quick picture of how it looks at the moment (taken at Stanford Hall AI 08) as a reference point to look back on later:

DSC_0220.JPG

More pictures to follow after a good wash :D

Looks good mate, one tidy and pretty quick grande!
I think you should get it low, stick the cupra splitter on the front and then either paint the top grill black or put the chrome stripping around the edge of the grill like ed has done on his and then leave it pretty much at that!

Oh and some FF stickers!

Cheers feller (y)

Thats the basic plan for the not to distant future :cool: Hopefully followed by a few Novitec goodies when funds will allow :yum:

P.S. FF sticker has been on the rear windscreen since the red badges went on ;)

Been toying with ideas for the car in my head today and decided to give them a go in PhotoShop.

Excuse the poor quality chop, it's been a while since I've ventured into PS.

I've got mixed opinions of it, what do you guys think?

GP_Abarth_Stripe_Idea1.jpg

The following items have been shopped:
- Wheels in Anthracite
- Rear Windows Tinted
- Abarth Side Stripes
- Suspension Lowered
- Headlights Darkened

Ideas please guys :)

Last edited:
Back