| || |
|The FIAT Forum |
Last Updated: 8th October 2011
Warning. Your postings on this public forum will become public. Your text will be available to anyone with an internet connection.
By using this web site, you agree to be contacted by site administration, regardless of your account settings, when it becomes necessary to do so regarding your account activity.
The basic groundrules of the FIAT Forum are simple - keep it friendly, keep it clean, don't post illegal material and don't even think of posting advertising in the wrong section ;)
You are permitted a maximum of ONE account, active or inactive UNLESS you are a registered trader, in which case you may have one dedicated to your company. If you require a username change, this can be achieved automatically through the user control panel as long as you have donated to the forum.
We don't intend to censor messages based on the opinions expressed within posts, but we will enforce the policies outlined both here and on the forum. We reserve the right to remove, modify or move posts at our discretion and without explanation.
Although the administrators and moderators of The FIAT Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of The FIAT Forum, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By submitting content, which shall include your member name, to the The FIAT Forum, you grant The FIAT Forum a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license to use, license, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, derive revenue or other remuneration from, communicate to the public, perform and display the content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any Rights that may exist in such content.
You also warrant that the holder of any Rights, including moral rights in such content, has completely and effectively waived all such rights and validly and irrevocably granted to you the right to grant the license stated above.
Once an account has posts made against it - IT CANNOT BE REMOVED, this is to ensure the forum isn't left with gaps in threads, making them nonsensical.
|General Forum Guidelines |
By breaking any of the rules below, you may be subject to penalties.
- You will not post any message that is obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
- You may not SPAM our members in anyway. Do not contact anyone to suggest your product or service who is not explicitly expecting you to contact them from an advertising forum post.
- Your account is yours alone. You are responsible for any activity created with it. You may not share your account login with anyone.
- You may not post commission, referral or affiliate links anywhere on the forum.
- You may not post on behalf of any banned member in any public manner. This includes all forums, private messages, signatures, and e-mail features.
- You may not post words or URLs that are censored by adding spaces, dots, or substituting characters; or by any other means in an attempt to defeat any censors put in place.
- You may not link, in any manner, to sites or images containing pornography, sexually explicit, gross violence, or are determined by moderators to be detrimental to the community.
- You must make five (5) posts before allowed by the system to include an active hyperlinked URL in your posts. If you choose to make meaningless posts to circumvent this restriction, your account will be disabled.
- If you are a staff member of another forum, you can only link to THREADS and POSTS on your forum if they are relevant to the topic.
- You may not use discussions to recommend, praise, or belittle other products or services, or any company; without first hand experience of those products or services.
- You may not post the contents of private messages to the forum without the previous consent of the creator.
- Public posts debating these rules and/or moderators' enforcement of such, will be removed without comment. We encourage feedback however and invite you to use our help desk if you have any questions or concerns.
|Advertising Rules |
| Advertising posts can only be made in the classifieds, or in the case of a trader - the trader forums. |
Non Trade Advertising
Public advertising is completely free on The FIAT Forum, however all for sale posts must be posted in the classifieds section and MUST NOT be posted to the main forum categories.
We now allow wanted threads to be posted in the main forum section, as it's been realised this is a lot more user friendly - HOWEVER - as above, no FOR SALE threads.
Any classified posts found in the wrong section will be removed immediately. All posts made in the classifieds are automatically copied to the main
forum so they will show up in searches.
For any trade user to be able to post in the classifieds, put an advert in their signature/avatar or post to the traders area they MUST sign up for a trader
account - details of which can be found here. A user MAY NOT post links or recommendations to themselves UNLESS they have signed
up as an official trader - and even then, MAY NOT spam the forum with posts. The amount of posts which constitutes spam is entriely up to the moderator discretion.
Penalties / Infractions / Warnings
The FIAT Forum rules are enforced by the moderation team, a list of whom can be found here.
If a rule is violated, then a points system is used and a score is stored against your username until its expiry time is reached. If multiple violations occur before the previous point's expiry which bring the total to a set amount (see table below) then an automatic action is taken (again, see table below).
Mods may also, at their discretion, give a "24 Hr Timeout" if it is felt you need to chill out a bit. This will be kept on record, but the points will expire once the ban is over.
|Posting defamatory comments about classifieds||2||1 Month|
|Blatant advertising||2||1 Month|
|Excessive profanity use||2||1 Month|
|FAO Thread||4||1 Month|
|Flaming other members||5||3 Months|
|Inappropriate material in avatars or signatures||6||1 Month|
|Disrespect towards the site staff||8||6 Months|
|Racist/Sexist/Prejudiced remarks and comments||10||6 Months|
|Unsavory material posted or linked to||10||1 Month|
|10||1 day ban|
|20||3 day ban|
|30||7 day ban|
|35||1 month ban|
Should you see a post which violates these rules, or you feel is unsuitable for The FIAT Forum, it can reported by clicking the icon which can found to the bottom of every post - an alert will then be sent to the relevant moderator so it can be acted upon.
If you wish to complain about a moderator this can be done confidentially using the help desk
and following the prompts. Your complaint will not be seen by the moderator in question if you choose it not to be. However in some cases, for further facts to be gathered - it may
be necessary to contact the moderator in question - at this point you will be asked if you still wish to proceed.