Technical 1.3 16v multijet engine management light! :(

Currently reading:
Technical 1.3 16v multijet engine management light! :(

HELP!! ive looked in the manual and this light means 'injection system failure' i was joining the motorway in 3rd gear on the slip road doing about 3 1/2 grand nearly changing into 4th when getting nearer to 4k. the turbo stopped because i felt the loss of power :eek: . the light came on and now it wont go off :cry: :cry: :cry: ive restarted it a few times and it still wont go. the turbo isnt working. its as flat as a witches tit :(

please help! :(

its had an oil change last month

I aint to good with vans, im guessing its diesel yeah? if theres injection cleaner for a diesel i would try that first, if theres no change i would say its your turbo that is broke or something else...

sure its a 16v Mjtd?? never knew there was such a thing.

either way, likely a sensor or the flapper box has died (seem to be a resonably common fault on jtd's of any type).

a turbo doesn't just suddenly die like that, not unless its under some tremendous boost with no oil in it. and diesels rarely push more than 10/12psi out AFAIK

Right ive been to fiat early this moring to see if anyone could take a look. there wasnt anyone there that could. The guy said i can go first thing monday and someone might be able to take a look and advise. He wanted me to leave it with them on monday, but i cant because i need it for work. (n)

Hopefully they will be able to tell me whats wrong. As far as i can see its just the turbo that isnt working. Engine starts and runs as it should (bar the turbo). MPG isnt affected or anything. Will it damage anything continuing to drive it?

If its this sensor that T is talking about how much is one? where physically is it on the car? :eek:

Cheers

Back