General Stuart's Mk1 Panda

Currently reading:
General Stuart's Mk1 Panda

I got a call from Jim and Stu from the ferry this morning as they were on their way to collect Chris Watson's Mk1 Panda. Alan D had picked it up from Chris and trailered it to Stranraer, what's that, a 200 mile trip? Fair play to you Alan. (y)

Anyway, they're on the boat back to NI, here's a photo. :)

This must be the luckiest Mk1 Panda in the country, it's joining a very nice collection of motors. :cool:

Mk1_Panda.jpg

First up I want it NOT to be lost as to what Alan did for me today. A 400 mile + round trip through some of the worst weather I have seen to bring the Panda to Stranrear. I can truly say that if he hadn't have offered his services "Wee Gem" as I am calling the car would not be sitting at the side of my house. The price of taking a car and trailer alone on the boat prohibited me from going as it was just to expensive. I am deeply in your debt Alan and I never even had the time to buy you a coffee.:worship:

Now secondly some of you know how fond I am of Pandas and of how I have been hoping to find a MK1. Well I now have one thanks to Chris Watson. Chris had contacted me and asked if I got a MK1 what I would do with it. I told him it would be restored to factory condition and added to my little collection. He offered me his car as he would like to see it back in original condition. So 2 months on and the car is sitting at my house. Thank you Chris, Wee Gem completes my collection and Jim can have Sylvia back now (y)

It will be fully restored to original factory condition and I will do a full photo rebuild as I go along over on my site. As I'm in the middle of doing a 127 Sport it will be slow work for a while, but I will get there.

First up I want it NOT to be lost as to what Alan did for me today. A 400 mile + round trip through some of the worst weather I have seen to bring the Panda to Stranrear.

you can put that in your sig an it will be there for ever ;) we used to have a rep system for when people did stuff like this but it got abused so ben removed it :(

must be the day for it, i have just got back from a 570 mile trip to fetch my new project custards cinquecento turbo we had to put it on the dolly backwards and somewhere on the a1 we lost the windscreen!

The one in Edinburgh? Very Nice...Err you lost the windscreen?

The one in Edinburgh? Very Nice...Err you lost the windscreen?

yes thats the one, we had to rear lift it because of a problem with the rear wheel and somewhere along the A1 the screen blew out!!(it was smashed anyway) im not as brave as alan so i didnt use the panda 4x4 used a 4x4 sierra insted:p

Attachments

• 2007_0113Image0007.JPG
    2007_0113Image0007.JPG
    699.3 KB · Views: 39
Back