Technical Car no longer remembers last Stop/Start setting

Currently reading:
Technical Car no longer remembers last Stop/Start setting

Juno9

Hi all,

A weird thing has happened - my car (2010 1.2 Lounge Dualogic) has stopped "remembering" which Stop/Start setting was last used.

I always drive with S/S off, and until today I didn't need to press the dashboard button when I started the car to switch it off. I only noticed the warning light missing from the display when I was sat in it stationary with the engine running earlier - does it appear after you reach a certain speed (like the automatic door locking feature which kicks in at 5mph or something)? Does it appear only when in a gear (so not in neutral)? Could it be that the warning light is malfunctioning and not displaying, therefore leading me to think S/S is on when in fact it's off?

The car hasn't been serviced or anything within the last few days so I'm at a loss as to why this has started happening.

Sorry for all the questions, I'm a new driver and it's my first car. Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
Ours sometimes forgets it should be in sport mode. I leave it on all the time but just occasionally the car feels a bit flat and I notice the sport light is out. Gah, that means I've got to reach out and press the button!

Mine always defaulted to S/S being on after the car was re-started after the ignition was switched off. I assumed this was a legal requirement so that the official emissions test was valid. However, the 500X I have now remembers the last S/S setting between ignition switch-offs.

I recall SS was introduced in 2010, at that time it dident have the memory function but it was introduced as a software upgrade and as standard on later cars I think around mid 2011

I always drive with S/S off ..............
Why?

SS is a wonderful invention, and everyone should use it. It stops the engine, it stops the continual exhausts at junctions, and it gives peace and quiet to all around you.

I understand that people don't like using it, and Mrs Mick F was one of them, but once you get used to it, it's strange when other cars don't do it.

Regards,
Mick.

Reactions: Jor
Agreed. I only switch mine off in very hot weather because without the engine running the a/c doesn't keep up its waft of cold air.

A weird thing has happened - my car (2010 1.2 Lounge Dualogic) has stopped "remembering" which Stop/Start setting was last used.

How about checking the battery ! That's what I would do. It is well known that the S/S models need a bigger battery.

Thanks for all the replies everyone; I noticed today that a few seconds after I pulled away the S/S icon appeared on my display, so it must just take a moment to show you that it's off. Guess I just never noticed this before! :shrug:

Back