General Thinking of buying Bravo 2008/2009

Currently reading:
General Thinking of buying Bravo 2008/2009

shmykis

Hello guys,

I'm new to this forum, so I appologize if this question has been asked before... Couldn't find nothing from this or last year.

Basically I'm thinking of buying the second hand Bravo 1.9 JTD 2008/2009. It depends what I will find in my price range.

So from what I've seen so far, in my price range (here in Spain) I can find a Bravo with 90k-120k (150 000 - 200 000 km) milage, in this bracked.

My question is more about the quality of the car and if it will serve me well with this type of milage, I understand that everything depends on how it was maintained by the previous owner.

But my question is assuming that it was maintained correctly, should I be worried about the milage, because I don't want to buy and find myself with problems.

Also, any input about what to be aware of before buying is welcome!!

Any opinion is welcome!!

Thank you guys! :worship:

JTD is well build engine, as any diesel you should have problems with turbo, injectors and dualmass flywheel. I am not sure, but gearbox (see M32) could be also pain in the ass. The mileage is not problem, but you should think of changing springs and coilovers. Also rubber parts can be damaged, look for leaks on the rear bushings (they are filled with oil). The exhaust is not big issue, easy to change and relatively cheep. Overall it depends on the car itself, not on some advice given via this forum.

In my opinion you should looking for an 1.6 120 hp or even 1.6 105hp if you are a calm driver.

1.6 engines are more moderns than 1.9 and you are going to get a better fuel consumption and less sonority while driving.

As you know the second hand Fiat are very devaluated in spanish market, so you shouldn't have so many problems to get a good unit to a good price.

Cheers

Back