Fiat 500X 4x4

Currently reading:
Fiat 500X 4x4

Barry G

I bought a new 500X 4x4 2.0L Auto in February this year after owning a Panda 4x4 for 3 years and being very pleased with it. However the 500X has been an absolute dog! It had to be recovered to a main dealer after 2 weeks and 600 miles for a gearbox fault, same fault recurred 10 days later as well as a clunking noise from the transmission. Gearbox fault was rectified with a control module but clunking is still not sorted after 8 months and 7 attempts at 3 main dealers!

The noise is most noticeable between 30 and 40 mph and happens when you accelerate after coasting. It is a consistent problem and can be demonstrated easily. So far it has had all the engine and gearbox mounts replaced as have both front driveshafts. I am at my wits end with this car and can't imagine mine is the only one.

Has anyone had a similar problem or knows of a fix?

I know I should have rejected the car straight away but I thought I was being reasonable, I would advise anyone who has an issue with a new car to reject it straight away, being reasonable doesn't help you in the long run.

Back