Technical T19 Recall - improves the throttle response.

Currently reading:
Technical T19 Recall - improves the throttle response.

KarlSoule

Hi All,

Not sure how many have dealt with the T19 recall in the USA, but if you've gotten a notice, go get it done! I was amazed at the improved throttle response after the update. Used to have trouble stalling at low speeds, letting out the clutch, but that behavior has disappeared after the update. Vehicle feels more responsive and faster since the software upgrade.

Here's the body of the T19 recall text:

Summary
Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2014 Fiat 500L vehicles. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) software calibration maybe incorrect, limiting the engine to idle speed and torque even when accelerator pedal is fully pressed.

Consequence
If the vehicle does not accelerate as expected, there may be an increased risk of a crash.

What Owners Should Do
Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will update the PCM software, free of charge. The recall began April 13, 2017. Owners may the Fiat Information Center at 1-888-242-6342. Chrysler's number for this recall is T19.

Karl, I found this to have some other benefits too. My auto trans Trekking used to shift at 3k plus in first gear, at times under light load. It hasn't done this since this recall was done.

Back