Newbie with small EGR problem/ issue :-)

Currently reading:
Newbie with small EGR problem/ issue :-)

Paulcaz

Hi all I wondered if you could advise me on a small issue. I have some EGR problems at the moment but when I took a look at it there seems to be a hole where a pipe or something should go?? Before I replace or clean out the EGR I want to make sure I'm not missing a pipe (breather pipe) or similar. Ive attached a photo of a new egr valve (similar to mine) and marked where the input (hole) is. Would really appreciate if someone could tell me what im missing or whether its meant to be open, blanked etc.
Cheers
Paul
My Vehicle is a Fiat Ducato 2.2 Multijet Motorhome (Ace Airstream) 2007 with 40k miles on the clock.

Attachments

• egr valve.jpg
    egr valve.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:
EGR valve in photo shows holes. There are others that have water assisted cooling.. and you'll see water (coolant) pipes going to either side of the holes. It is quite normal to have holes.. but equally you could have pipes. On my previous Citroen Relay, I have Ford Transit type 7 engine which had this EGR.. NO coolant pipes. Bottom line is.. if there ARE pipes, they have coolant in them.. NO pipes, not a problem.

Back