Styling Replacement [p]leathers

Currently reading:
Styling Replacement [p]leathers

Cian

Established member
My 100HP is getting a bit ragged around the edges now - 9 years and 120k km including some up mountains or carrying a mobile radio station when I worked as a broadcast engineer haven't helped it

The single little dent (the round corner on a flight case!) and some paint chips can be fixed by a pro easily enough and badges/trim aren't that dear but both the steering wheel and the gearstick gaitor are hideous and it seems these aren't that cheap?

Has anyone else replaced/repaired these, genuine or aftermarket?

I got a replacement gearstick gator from eBay. Its leather and the fit was really good. Didn't cost much, but was a while ago now so cant remember the exact price.

As for the wheel, i got a rettrimmed one from Poland via eBay. Wasn't exactly cheap though. There aren't many options for the steering wheel other than a retrim or fitting an abarth 500 wheel being most popular

Aftermarket gaitor ordered (about 11 pounds before shipping)

The Abarth 500 wheel is more than a bit pricey and the Irish spec 100 didn't come with the steering wheel radio controls in the first place (I presume the wiring is there for them; but as the Blaupunkt went in the bin five years ago they won't do anything anyway!) so that'll have to wait a bit.

eBay gaitor fitted and looking good - had to unpick a fair few stitches to get it on but they are beyond where the cable tie goes so didn't need to re-stitch; if it starts to come apart I will.

Wheel refurb I got a quote for €150 for turning up with the car and picking it up same day; so no removing it myself. Going to do that shortly

Didn't really notice how ratty the actual gearknob was before the gaitor was changed so that's also going on the long list.

Be careful with cheap wheel refurbs.

The good ones are checked for true running, dipped, grit blasted and powder coated but cost more than £150 a set.

Back