Technical 500l trekking - under engine cover - HELP PLEASE:)

Currently reading:
Technical 500l trekking - under engine cover - HELP PLEASE:)

marcelll

hi, bought my 2014 500l trekking couple weeks ago :) and decided to change oil.... my mechanic pointed out to me that i should have under engine cover/splash shield...
Can't find anything to buy :( nothing on ebay, fiat shop) i start to doubt was there any cover.....

Could anyone please confirm - is there a under engine cover/splash shield ???

Last edited:
hi, bought my 2014 500l trekking couple weeks ago :) and decided to change oil.... my mechanic pointed out to me that i should have under engine cover/splash shield...
Can't find anything to buy :( nothing on ebay, fiat shop) i start to doubt was there any cover.....

Could anyone please confirm - is there a under engine cover/splash shield ???

Hi, and welcome, :)
petrol or diesel.. it may make a difference..
charlie

If it's the petrol model, my 1.4 2016 trekking didn't come with one from new.

Apparently it's NOT standard on most new fiat's now [emoji107]

If you look from underneath you will see on the drivers side, the side plastic panel were the undertray would connect/fasten too is slightly larger than the passenger side - this is to protect the drive belts and doesn't have the fasten points on it.

I personally brought a new side panel for the drivers side and undertray for the Tjet (petrol) 500L as they are specified as having one new and it was a perfect fit, matches up with all the pre existing mounting points on the car, etc.

Not sure it was worth £185 though!! If you look on eper you should be able to get all the part numbers and call a dealership with them.

I've seen them 2nd hand on Italy/US eBay as the Tjet is more common there. But you'd still need a new side panel to mount it.

Edit: a quick search on eBay brought up this 172777828624

Which is the same as mine, I looked for months to no avail! You can see there are three mounting points at the front, two on the curved side pieces and two, one either side at the rear! You'd only need to buy a new drivers side panel and sort you fixings out.

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for advice much appreciated !!! :)
my fiat is 1.3 diesel 85bhp :) ;)
will this ebay fit my car ??

Found few of them on polish website (similar to ebay :) )
http://allegro.pl
copy and paste in top search box- " fiat 500l oslona silnika " :)

I found:
http://allegro.pl/oslona-plyta-pod-silnik-fiat-500l-kpl-i6871824500.html#thumb/2

Looking at photos it looks like it have both side panels :) Do you think this will fit my car ??? :)

For anyone interested - £1 is approx 4.8zl :) i will be in poland in couple of weeks on holiday so...... approx. £35 sounds gooooood :)

Last edited:
update :)

all done fits perfectly :)

if anyone needs parts from poland - i will try to help :)

Back