General 1.2 16v Sporting, fuel pump not running, priming

Currently reading:
General 1.2 16v Sporting, fuel pump not running, priming

Fiatcinquecento

So I have this mk1 for prob 6 months now, and j haven't touched it, and it only has 47000 miles. But the fuel pump is not running. When I bought car it was and I got a brand new pump for it as the other one sounded Dodge! My question is where is the fuse for the pump, I know where the white relay is and I say it's still that which is the problem, but I'm looking for a bit of advice from someone, here's a pic for ye Snapchat-894891539.jpg

on the gt the fuel pump fuse is on the cluster on the inner wing , not sure about the sporting may be near the bulkhead above the engine. I'd change the relay and try it , also try the old pump if it was working before , you may have a faulty one . Might be worth changing the rpm sensor on the bottom pulley too [emoji1303]

Would the crank sensor stop the pump priming, I have my suspicions about the relay, but I'll have to find one, I've checked every fuse in the car 1 by 1 and there all fine. Fuel cut off is not triggered

Don't think the crank sensor would stop the pump priming, it would still fire up once pressure is reached after a few times turning it over .I replaced the relays on mine , got them from the Alfashop

So I got a relay that was starting my Cabrio, same number on top so..... No good, still no pump, I wouldn't mind but the car was backed up into the spot it is in now!
Any other ideas to what to check. I'm going to check if the connector is getting power tomorrow. I'm kinda clueless now

circuit for the pump is very simple, there is proper wiring diagrams in the downloads section. But if my memory serves for the fuel pump you should have a brown/white wire going from the relay, not sure if it changes colour when it gets to the body connector but it pretty much goes straight from the relay to the pump, and then the ground for the pump is through the inertia switch - not sure exactly where that is on the mk1 but they are usually on the bulkhead inside the car under the dash on most fiats i've ever had to touch one.
Check you have 12v going to the pump when you turn ignition on, check there is an earth on other side. If no earth press inertia switch and try again.

Thats pretty much all there is to the circuit, so it really is simple as it gets wiring wise. You could try putting 12v directly onto the pump just to check that it runs as well.

So I tested the connector today, and it is getting power, and I tested my fuel pump, (keep in mind it is a brand new oem fiat pump) and it isn't working, so now I have 2 dead pumps. Is it possible it could burn out the pump?

It's as if the car is burning out the pump from when it is running
I tested the pump with wire and put it on a battery, no luck

Mmmm i doubt the car is killing pumps - the only way i can see it doing that is sending more volts than it should and even then i'd expect the pump to last a while. I think you have just got a dud, or there was a bit of something thats got into it and buggered it up. Should have the bag on bottom to prevent that but I have had one fall off once and some crap in the sender unit got sucked up and killed the pump. But sounds like you have just been unlucky here.

You see, we bought a heap of fiat parts out of a fiat garage that closed. So the pump it self is genuine, but could be 20 years old...
Youve been a great help blue and Steve gt greatly appreciated. Now I'm going to get the pump out of my parts 75
?

Back