Technical stuck in neutral

Currently reading:
Technical stuck in neutral

shoresh

hi i have just bougt a fiat stilo abarth 2.4 semi automatic from 2003 and it gets stucked in neutral
does anyone have that problem or know what it is?????

Last edited:
The selespeed system is known to have a number of problems. You're probably going to need some good diagnostic software in order to get the system back up to top health.

Only with the diagnostic software can you perform the calibration routines and check various system parameters (and fault codes) to know exactly what it's problem is.

You can start with the obvious stuff and make sure you can hear the selespeed pump running when you open the car door. It should run to build up it's pressure then stop.

You can also check the system's fluid level. Make sure you're running the proper fluid in it too - it really is quite specific stuff. I've known people put silly things like auto transmission fluid in it and it's given them no end of grief.

If you top the fluid up and find it's then chucking it out all over the floor this can point to accumulator (pressure vessel) failing.

I'd recommend getting it on some diag software, something like MultiECUScan - which I think you will require the full, licenced version of, in order to access the selespeed functions.

I had this not so long ago on my 2.4 selespeed and was not losing any gearbox fluid??? Turned out to be accumulator ?? commonly shown on multi ecu scan as pump relay failure but it is actually the accumulator you can determine this but switching the power window relay with the pump driver relay, if you still have the problem with gears you'll need a accumulator.

Back